Would you eat ... Breast-Milk Cheese- vegan?

Introducing ... Breast-Milk Cheese

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2010/03/breastmilk_cheese.php?c=ptwit

Would you eat it?

Many ethical vegans eschew dairy products not *just* on grounds of suffering to the animal, but on the principal that they believe it is wrong to exploit animals.

If human breast milk were to catch on something tells me that the women who would produce wouldn't exactly be treated with dignity, paid very well and given job conditions/benefits that would be enviable.

People who eschew cows milk for health reasons are quick to point out the garbage that makes its way from the cows diet into the milk. That situation wouldn't be much better with human milk given what people eat, make that double since poor women, who eat even worse, would likely be the ones selling their milk.

All of this is of course moot as breast milk, if desired, would be too expensive to catch on as a commercial product. It is cheap enough to keep cows pregnant and dispose of their young via veal. You couldn't keep human females perpetually pregnant and deliver the final product at a competitive price.

I know I WOULD NOT order it on my entree

PETA does business by going after attention, which is why they reported it. I'm guessing that is why the restaurant owner offered it as well......get publicity for a restaurant in tough times, in a city with a lot of competition. That and him ( and his wife ) being quite tasteless.

On a related note a year or two ago a sperm cookbook came out.

Rice and beans anyone?

PETA does business by going after attention, which is why they reported it. I'm guessing that is why the restaurant owner offered it as well......get publicity for a restaurant in tough times, in a city with a lot of competition. That and him ( and his wife ) being quite tasteless.

Rice and beans anyone?

omg- well thats sounds yummy! lol

Rice and beans anyone?

omg- well thats sounds yummy! lol

The sperm or the rice and beans?

I wouldn't either, but i know vegans that would. A friend of mine is expecting a child with his gal and their midwife suggested they consume the placenta. Sounds totally ing to me. My buddy is all about it but his other is not. Some vegans are a strange folk....but it's not the veganism.

A friend of mine is expecting a child with his gal and their midwife suggested they consume the placenta.

Placenta Pie is/was a traditional dish consumed by many cultures over the years. Reasons for eating the placenta ranged from religious/spiritual (assigning special powers to this most unique organ) to practical (free protein-rich meal for a starving family that just got 1 more mouth to feed).

Personally, I can't imagine anything more horrifying. Eating something that's half and half made of my wife and my baby...mmmmmmmm...

Placenta Pie is/was a traditional dish consumed by many cultures over the years. Reasons for eating the placenta ranged from religious/spiritual (assigning special powers to this most unique organ) to practical (free protein-rich meal for a starving family that just got 1 more mouth to feed).
The most convincing argument I've heard in favor of it was as a high-iron meal for the mother who may have just lost quite a bit of blood during the birth.

Definitely not the first choice for that nowadays. Placentas also aren't very tasty looking at all. To my non-medical trained eye it looked like lungs.