Pushups - 1 set max

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a big pansy...I used to be able to do 75 before my shoulder would go out on me...I wasn't tired when I did it but after 50 my should always felt like it was gonna pop out of socket again.

Anyway haven't done a pushup in almost 8 months and just did 25 to test myself when I saw this thread...not bad but I'm a little dissapointed since I'm also 70lbs lighter.

Okay, I'm joining the guys!

I only go to elbows at 90-degrees (because I have a touchy shoulder and want to avoid reinjuring it) so maybe mine don't count, but my PB is 37 on the toes! Not bad for an old chick! (Since then, I have only been able to do 32 at best!)

Okay, I'm joining the guys!

I only go to elbows at 90-degrees (because I have a touchy shoulder and want to avoid reinjuring it) so maybe mine don't count, but my PB is 37 on the toes! Not bad for an old chick! (Since then, I have only been able to do 32 at best!)

Not bad for a young chick either!

Not bad for anyone, actually.

Well done, Kathryn!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Last night after work I managed a slightly sloppy set of 90, did crunches for a few minutes, then did a much cleaner set of 100. The century mark has been my goal for a single set for a long time. Finally did it. Now I want to do it cleaner. I paused at the top of the push up for a couple of seconds at 90. Why was the second set easier than the first?

• 1 month later...