Total Calories_Protein_Carbs Calculated

Hello.

I am looking to cut down a bit. I have recently calculated (pretty accurately i think my meal plan. I think I may be way off! Here are my stats /// approx. 235lbs - 6' - not sure my bf% but probably around 15-20%

On training days: 2590 cals - 66 g fat - 176 g protein - 246 g carbs

Non training days: 2110 cals - 65 g fat - 141 g protein - 170 g carbs

I am training 4 days a week (standard bb'ing split) and trying to walk as much as possible every day (especially recovery days). How does this sound? Am I way off? I ralize I'm not getting very much protein.

Thanks for the help.

Only you can tell how accurately you are measuring your calorie intake. The best plan is to measure the amounts of foods you are eating, in grams or ounces and check with http://www.nutritiondata.com or another similar site.

I have found that if I estimate food by saying "Oh this is a 'large' orange" then I usually underestimate how many calories I am getting. That's why grams/ounces is the way to go.

oh sorry.... i guess I didn't explain myself clearly.. I know that the numbers are accurate. I use the nutrition tables on the back of the packages (ie quinoa, tempeh, TVP, canned beans etc...) and use that website for anything else.

My question was more geared towards my carb / fat / protein ratio. How does it look?

Too many carbs? Not enough protein? (which i already know but finding it hard to get more without adding tons more calories.) etc.

thanks

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18133&start=360

Read the first 2 posts on that page of my log (from "I popped todays food into nutritiondata.com"), johan's post sums it up. When you stick everything into nutrition data it gives you the ratio between carbs/fat/protein in ENERGY%, not GRAMS (well it gives you a total of each so you could work it out, but it's not useful compared to energy%).

Everyone has a different opinion, but for a cut I would go with 30p/50c/20f. It's all up to what you feel is doable and makes you feel the best though...

As long as protein is relatively high, it doesn't seem to matter that much - high-carb, high-fat, whatever. Calories are king during a cut.

Everyone has a different opinion, but for a cut I would go with 30p/50c/20f. It's all up to what you feel is doable and makes you feel the best though...

I don't think it's useful to give such guidelines because even though it might work out great for some, it simply won't for others. When cutting, like xzebrasx implied, protein is key. And if two persons both weigh 150 pounds and have the same body composition but one has a TEE of 3500 kcal and the other one has a TEE of 2500 kcal their macro composition shouldn't look the same because the amount of protein needed will be equal but not the amount of carbs/fats etc. Also I think that during a diet, allowing the person to eat foods they really like is good and for some that will be nuts and for others that's potatoes and depending on which you like your macro comp will look different.