How to increase size/girth of wrists

Hey fellow vegans. Even before I started a vegan lifestyle, my arms and wrists have been scrawny. My wrists, especially, are pretty thin. Does anyone have any basic tips, nutrition and workout wise, how to increase their girth? Are there specific exercises?

On a separate, but maybe related note, I've never really done any consistent exercising, before or after my diet change. I plan on starting a program very soon but am concerned about my wrist size!

Thanks everyone.

You can do the roll up bar thingy, its like a piece of rope with a weight on one end and a dowel on the other and you roll it up and back down. Or wrist curls with dumbells maybe. I would be more concerned about my arms personally. If you weight train the wrists will sort of come along with everything else.

Second to what Marcina said. Wrist size will change VERY little even with a lot of muscle gain, but forearm size can definitely change a lot and will make small wrists stand out to a lesser degree as they grow.

I've got some posts in here somewhere regarding forearm training - you might want to look them up, lots of ideas there!

I've honestly heard two things about this because I have the same problem as you, Vitalwheat. I asked guys in the gym what they do. The two answers:

1. "I don't do anything, they grow as my muscle grow."

2. "I do wrist curls and reverse curls after my bicep routine."

Give either a shot. It seems pretty 50/50 when I ask people. You'll be able to tell once you get into your lifting more seriously/regularly.

I have skinny wrists as well (and kinda wide hands so it looks even odder). You can definitely try to add wrist curls and the like to your workout routine, but it's only going to help a little. The wrist flexor muscles are pretty small and the bulk of them sit well behind the wrist as you can see here: http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/WristFlexors.html

It's mostly tendons that run through the actual wrist, and those don't grow much.

• 2 weeks later...

There's no muscle in wrists so you probably won't see much difference, the good news though it's all about proportions, I have bony wrists as well and even the slightest muscle gain in my forearms makes it look much bigger.