remember me?

Anyway, another real voice of reason here is Ryan. Joe, please have your wife get her sawed off ammo from VE before she shoots me. I'm ok with it then. VE, always ethical, always sane.

You actually referred to me as "a voice of reason" and "sane"?!? I think you must be losing it, Hilary!

That aside, I can't contribute too much to this discussion. Other than agreeing with most here in that, we're not qualified physicians to help give anyone a message board diagnosis, and expecting much "help" beyond moral support from anyone here is expecting a lot. Even those here who have medical training probably didn't want to say much, if anything, online because it's a crapshoot as to what the situation really was. And, nobody wants to take the blame for a wrong diagnosis, so it's not at all surprising that there wasn't more of a reply when the original questions were asked.

Too bad that veganism got the bad rap for everything - it seems that 9 out of 10 times I hear about someone "feeling better" after going back to eating meat, it's because their nutrition as a vegan was abysmally bad, on par with that year I lived off of nothing but Stonewall's Jerquee and Health is Wealth Vegan Chicken Patties. Of course, if something is drastically out of whack nutritionally, going back to the old pre-vegan ways will make someone feel like they're doing the "right thing for their body", even though it may simply have been a large hole in proper nutrition on their vegan diet that was the root of the issue.

I don't know, maybe there's a tiny fraction of the population whose bodies simply aren't destined to feel well on a vegan diet. Anything is possible, I suppose, but I still have this nagging suspicion that acesfull didn't have it all put together properly as far as nutrition, hence the extended health issues.