OMG!!! I thought I was alone!

norgbirdie

and then today I had the bright idea to google "vegan bodybuilding" duuuhhh. I've been a vegan for 2 years and have been reaping the wonderful benifits. I lost 35 pounds of fat and gained 10 pounds of muscle since I started weight training. I got serious about bodybuilding in November when I started the new rules of lifting program but the program calls for a VERY non-vegan diet. I started wondering if there where other people who bodybuild on a vegan diet since building muscle means eating a ton of protien. After 2 years of loving my plant based diet there was no way in hell I was ever going back. My husband dosent seem to think you can bodybuild on a vegan diet...WRONG. I've made it my goal to prove him wrong and have a hotter leaner body than him (I'm hoping that two years of nagging and a hot bod will make him become a vegan). I'm definatly not where I want to be with my body fat percentage, but rome was not built in a day. I often wonder how long it takes other people to reach their body building physic. Here is my pre-vegan pic..back in the day when I was 165 pounds..gross.. Thank you veganism for changing my life!!!

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs153.snc3/18065_1262512934544_1581343034_642069_1582457_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good job!

Where is the "now" pic? I'm no where near to "there" but got the huevos to post some now and then pics yesterday.

(re: converting the spouse, nagging usually doesn't help anything, but a good example is hard to refute)