Hey from B.C.

thepurplecrayon

Hi, my name is Kelly and I'm from British Columbia. I've been vegan for 3 years, and I was a (crappy) vegetarian for a long time before that. I've always been overweight, ranging from 150 at my brief low points to 170 and 172 at my high points (I'm 5'5). Last spring I decided to start learning about vegan nutrition and fitness, not only for myself but to be a better representation of a vegan. I lost more than 25lb in the last year by changing my eating habits and taking up running. A few months ago I decided to start lifting weights. I really want to feel and look strong, not just get thin. I've been trying to work on my own weight program using information on here and other places online as well as a book I got, and I've pre-ordered Robert's book as well. I don't expect much progress in the muscle department since my priority is to lose weight, but I can already see changes in in my body, especially my arms. My goal is to get down to my goal weight and then concentrate on building muscle.

Welcome Kelly!

BC is great! My family is from there and I work for Sequel Naturals based in BC.

Thanks for ordering my book....that is really sweet of you and awesome...you'll enjoy it.

Thanks for joining our community forum.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Hi Kelly, I live in BC too and I've been a vegan for about two years now. I'd like to start a fitness plan but I haven't yet. I really need to lose about twenty pounds myself. I walk a lot but it isn't enough. I'm going to have to do weight-training I think if I really want to make a difference and tone up. Congratulations on all the success you're having though! It's nice to know that effort will pay off eventually. I'd like to get down to my goal weight of 130 lbs but that's going to take some work. If you're ever in Kelowna check out kelowna vacation rentals. I go there every second summer and I'm really looking forward to staying there again this year. It's a lovely spot to get some swimming in too.

Hi, my name is Kelly and I'm from British Columbia. I've been vegan for 3 years, and I was a (crappy) vegetarian for a long time before that. I've always been overweight, ranging from 150 at my brief low points to 170 and 172 at my high points (I'm 5'5). Last spring I decided to start learning about vegan nutrition and fitness, not only for myself but to be a better representation of a vegan. I lost more than 25lb in the last year by changing my eating habits and taking up running. A few months ago I decided to start lifting weights. I really want to feel and look strong, not just get thin. I've been trying to work on my own weight program using information on here and other places online as well as a book I got, and I've pre-ordered Robert's book as well. I don't expect much progress in the muscle department since my priority is to lose weight, but I can already see changes in in my body, especially my arms. My goal is to get down to my goal weight and then concentrate on building muscle.