Kre-alkalyn creatine?

I would like to start supplementing with creatine and have heard that it is very safe. However, I am wondering if the Kre-alkalyn stuff is just as safe as it seems to be a newer thing? If it is, which one is the best to buy? I have only seen purple-k so far and can get it locally.

Thanks

KreAlkalyn stuff is just a "buffered" creatine that's supposed to help against the cramps and bloating. Creatine monohydrate is the stuff that has been around forever, is considered very safe and has all the studies to back up its effectiveness.

I'd just stick with a high quality CM such as the german creapure unless you experience cramping with it. (I don't get any cramping and don't get bloating... at least not enough to notice.)

CreaPure is the best monohydrate you're going to find. A few different brands sell it under their own label but say creapure somewhere on it. It should be relatively inexpensive so just try it out and see what happens. Any bloating or cramping would go away soon after you stop taking it anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

I got terrible cramps from mono when i would cycle. they were so bad that i couldn't bring myself to take it enough to make a difference. I've switched to ethyl ester (mostly comes in pill forms, so watch out for gelatin), and while i don't have enough data to testify that it works as well, the cramping is completely gone.

I also use CEE, and got the powder form to avoid gelatin capsules. Dear lord it tastes hideous! Like drinking saltwater mixed with earwax. I never tried monohydrate, and might go for it next due to the taste of CEE. I just have a LOT of this stuff to go through, so it'll be a while.