..looking for advice (food and exercise)

OK - day 3 of being a Vegan and I feel pumped but I'm not sure I'm getting enough protein to shed fat.. I don't want my body to go into a holding mode starting off!

Here is what I had over the past 3 days:

Tue:

B(reakfast): 1cup Soy milk

S(nack): Apple, 15 almonds

L(unch): Sequel Shake (mixed w/ water)

S(nack): Clif Bar

D(inner): Salad (mixed)

S(nack):nuts and raisins

Wed:

B: Cereal w/ soy milk (2/3c)

S: Nature Valley bar

L: 3 slices Ryvita Rye and Oatmeal 'bread' with 1/3 cup of red-pepper chicpea hummus; 10 strawberries

S: Apple, 15 almonds

D: Veggie soup (carrots, onions, celery, beans) w/ handful of rice noodles

S: 1/3c nuts and raisins

Today:

B: Cereal w/ soy milk (2/3c)

S: Nature Valley bar

L: 3 slices Ryvita Rye and Oatmeal 'bread' with 1/3 cup of red-pepper chicpea hummus; handful of carrots

S: Apple; 5 almonds and a few raisins

D: Veggie soup (carrots, onions, celery, beans) w/ handful of rice noodles and 2 soy wieners (and I had four Acai chocolates - they arrived today! YES!)

S: Smoothie: 1c almond milk, 1/2c H2O,1 banana, 10 frozen strawberries, 1pkg Sequel smoothie mix

Tomorrow:

B: 1c soy milk

S: 10 almonds and 1/3c raisins

L: 2 soy wieners, 2sl ryvita

S: Cliff bar

D: undetermined

S: undetermined

Thoughts? Input? What is my goal? I'm weigh 205lbs (5'11") and want to shed fat... I have not started an exercise regime of such just yet - I don't know if I should shock my body into the Vegan lifestyle AND cardio/weight routine at the same time?

This w/e I'll put in a couple of 5 - 6k runs and intend to start something along the lines of P90X on Monday (getting the stuff together for it).

Thanks for any input / advice / suggestions.

TripleH

It might be a good idea to add more low fat protein, like legumes or pseudograins like quinoa.

Otherwise, it looks like you have a good start! Your body will start giving you feedback soon.

If you've just gone "cold tofurkey" so to speak, I wouldn't start an intense exercise regimen right away, but a little light cardio can't hurt, and it'll burn some calories, which is ultimately your goal when you want to lose fat.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you need more calories. Also, try kettlebells-(3) 30 min workouts a week will blast fat off you...they are absolutely a miracle workout. You will not believe it.

Check out mikemahler.com-he's a vegan kettlebell instructor

also check out dragondoor.com and ontheedgefitness.com-two other great resources. seriously incredible workout. I will never go back to hour long free weight and cardio workouts 5 days a week again-this is a miracle fat loss exercise protocol.