Thanks, I just want to stay vegan, though muscular

Thank you to everyone for the welcome. I am glad for all the feedback I have received so far concerning body building while vegan. I am concerned though that I cannot properly feed my body in which to gain lean mass. I'm not looking to be as big as a house..just a little thickness...I just began a weight lifting routine in the gym. I believe I get enough protein, etc. Interested in learning more about vegan protein meal replacement shakes.....also, other nutritional info most helpful...I just want to stay Vegan while being in great shape muscularly...thanks again

..there are many people on this forum who are prime examples of what can be achieved while maintaining a vegan lifestyle, so your concerns are, like mine were, founded on ignorance - I've been researching and reading more every day since I've found this site, and I've just embarked on this journey to a new me... read through the threads and ask questions - that's the only way we'll learn

true...but i still dont get why vegans must work harder...why, if we get the same if not better/purer nutrition? Im well aware of the "where do you get your protein" crowd...and i believe being vegan and weight training should produce BETTER results...what do y'all think?

• 2 weeks later...
Nobody on this site is a physiology expert or even a champion bodybuilder.

You might find this article about Robert Dos, vegan strength coach, inspiring.

http://beforewisdom.com/blog/?p=131

In the mean time, get plenty of calories, protein, and sleep mixed in with a GOOD exercise program. You will not have any trouble.

define champion, cause I believe there are quite a few people on here that have come in 1st place when it comes to bodybuilding. Who are you to comment when you don't even workout yourself. I might not be a physiology expert nor "champion" in your opinion but when it comes down to it I'll put you in check any day when it comes down to having an awesome made vegan physique.

Take care steve