hello :)

julia

So after a few weeks of reading posts on this forum without being a member I decided to finally join this forum

I'm 18 years old, female, and live in Vienna/Austria/Europe. I've been very active as a child, than spent some years being lazy, and am now trying to become fit. I mostly do running and cycling, but I like almost every kind of sport. I plan on joining a gym this winter and maybe start training with weights then. But we'll see.. Right now I'm more concerned about fitness than building muscles.

ATM I'm 130 lbs (59kg), being 5'6" (168 cm). Last autumn I've been up to 145 lbs (65 kg). I want to decrease my body fat a bit and tone my abs and biceps mostly.

The pictures of each and every member have been an inspiration to me, and I love to read about training techniques, nutrition etc. So I'm really excited to be here

Edited by julia

Haha, nope I had no idea that my Swedish is that awful that it would pass as google translate

As I said (or at least tried to ).. I don't speak it well (especially in a non-written way), but I understand quite a lot

..wohne schon über 20 jahre in Kanada... es ist ein schönes Land... kannst es dir ja ruhig mal anschaun - gefällt dir sicher.. kein stress, der alltag ist gelassen..ich würde nimma nach .at ziehn... mein cousin hat auch vor das er auswandert

google translate.. phhhbt... fancy stuff! I'd rather fight my way through a language !

naja so billig ist das anschauen leider nicht.. Ausbildung muss ich auch noch hier fertig machen, dann 3 Jahre arbeiten wegen Ausbildungsvertrag, und dann werden wir sehen wo es mich hinverschlägt.. Zumindest besuchen will ich Kanada auf jeden Fall eines Tages!

Yep, I know. I've been to Sweden twice (vacation) and tried to learn myself Swedish with books etc. I'm still reading a Swedish book every now and then, but I don't practice it that much any more..

• 1 month later...

And hello Julia,

You did me the honor on my thread so I followed you back.

One of the choirs I work with is going to try to sing in the Vokal Total (spelling?) festival in the Summer of 2011 in Austria and I'm trying to work my German up in the meanwhile. I only know a smattering of words from all the Brahms we end up singing, but I'll be working on it formally this coming Fall. It'll be fun to see how it works out in your neck of the woods.

Paul B

Oh really? That sounds amazing!

If you want to practice your German feel free to write me any time.. I love to help others out with German, although I always lack theoretical knowledge of grammar. So if you don't care about grammatical rules that awful much and just want to learn some conversation, let me know

Hello Julia,

Will do, definitely. Both of my parents had some command of the language in their college days, and most of the people in my professional circles can speak a little, but not a ton. I picked up one of those "teach yourself" CD courses which will probably only help me a small amount, but it'll prep me for the fall. I speak more Spanish in addition to English than anything else, and of course the random French, Italian, etc. typical song languages, but German would be great to actually learn instead of just sing.

I so far mostly know a bunch of random phrases which are either really sweet or dirty (Brahms and Rammstein are my two biggest teachers... go figure). So, hopefully I'll pick up the regular basics in the meanwhile. I'm sure it's like someone learning English from the Beatles and Tenacious D ... just a little eclectic mix of randomness.

In a few weeks I'll try some stuff out on you.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...