Has anyone tried this mass building protocol?

I think underfeeding (or eating at maintenance) on non-training days and overfeeding on training days, particularly in the post-workout period, will probably be a lot easier. Also, unloading and loading up on creatine that frequently is unnecessary. I think 4-5 days of training per week is too much for most people. But, since you are deloading every two weeks, it might be alright.

I think underfeeding (or eating at maintenance) on non-training days and overfeeding on training days, particularly in the post-workout period, will probably be a lot easier. Also, unloading and loading up on creatine that frequently is unnecessary. I think 4-5 days of training per week is too much for most people. But, since you are deloading every two weeks, it might be alright.

Good point on overfedding on training days and underfeeding on non training days. But, there are a lot more non training days so that could be an issue, no?

I'd think one just needs to constantly be over-feeding to gain a lot of mass, regardless of training day or not. Your muscles are still using the food you give them to grown even on days you aren't training. Then again, what is "over-feeding". Just keep a high caloric diet. Also, the idea of trying to gain for two weeks then going all the way down to a 2000 cal diet doesn't make much sense to me, either. What's the point? Seems like this guy just had some good results following a plan he made up then decided to spread his anecdotal advice as proof. Not that that isn't most of these types of articles, it just doesn't make sense to follow someone elses diet requirements and plans 100% when you have a totally different body, metabolism and so on. And if you were to follow it, the only difference this guy is claiming is timing diet with "hormonal" changes to increase gains. which again, would need to be figured out for you personally. so i'd try it, see how it feels, probably won't be great, then try and "time" it better.

Overfeeding more on training days (after training) ensures that more calories are put down as muscle. You are more likely to have a clean bulk that way, but it won't be as fast. Protein synthesis is most elevated in the hours after training. If you are an ectomorph, eat like mad every single day. Endomorphs and endo/mesos need to be a little more careful.

Then just constantly eat all day. I'm an ecto, 6'1 and around 150 give or take a pound or two. I've been eating around 3500-4000 calories a day with at least 200 grams protein a day and I have yet to gain any significant weight. It seems like I need to eat even more, but at that point...it gets difficult to consume 5000 calories in a day. I've yet to do that. i tried today, couldn't reach it. I'll probably end up a little bit more than 4000.