Healthy Vegan Icecream

KatimaDanny

For 1 person

In a bowl, mash up/ blend

1 banana

1/4 avocado

some rice milk/ almond milk/ soy milk/ hemp milk/ any kind of milk

Freeze over night.

The texture and taste is very much like ice cream. It is a healthier alternative to other ice creams you will find at a store. I have this for breakfast sometimes. Those 3 ingredients are just a base. You can add some Cocoa powder, or Carab Powder, vanilla, nuts, agave, ground up some hazelnut and try it too. You can add anything to it. I add sprouted buckwheat sometimes. It is a sweet recipe. No pun intended.

I dig the simple one ingredient frozen banana method myself, but that's just me. You gotta make sure they get really good and frozen...HARD. and then I usually stick it in the freezer for a little longer after blending, and stir it up...with crushed strawberries, oh yeah!

I do the same as saulo IT tastes great.. But somehow my bananas always turn brown. Any tips on that?

I cut them into coins then put 'em in a Tupperware to freeze. Toss 'em in a food processor and you have creamy banana ice cream. I've never had a problem with texture, it always turns out the way I like it and not flaky or icy.

I wonder if raisins would work instead of figs...

I've been meaning to try frozen banana ice cream all week but my mom adores the banana bread I make, I usually end up making it for her every other day, so it kinda discouraging because I sleep knowing I have banana bread to wake up to...

But I'll definitely be trying some tomorrow, I can't wait any longer.

Fat sucks, dried figs do the job. Trust me. Fuhrman has a youtube video of it I think.

You mean you can freeze it overnight and it's not hard as a rock?

IDK to be honest...all of my icecream I have been trying to make have been freezing over night. I think the problem is that I blend everything together then I put it in the freezer. I think I just need to freeze the bananas. then blend everything, and I will have banana icecreams that is not solid as a rock

You're not right about anything. Fats are not essential to get the the creamy texture like you wrote. It might be needed if you're weak and can't finnish your ice cream in one sitting but that's another discussion for another thread.

I used to make it with chocolate brown rice protein. I didn't measure anything though so I don't have a 'recipe' per se. I would take ~2 frozen bananas, a few spoonfuls of the protein powder, and I would usually add a bit of pb. Then process it up in the food processor. I found this worked well with that particular brand (Nutribiotic) but once I switched to a cheaper brand it didn't taste nearly as good.