Thinking about visiting LA & Portland in June/July.

Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about flying over to The USA again next month. I have a mate who's moving up to Portland soon and thought about going to visit him. I would fly into LA and might spend some time there too, before going up to Portland.

I'm trying to work out where I would stay. There's a chance I can stay with my mate, but if not I'll need to find somewhere fairly inexpensive to stay in Portland. At this stage I'm open to suggestions anywhere in the city. Somewhere in a good central location or with easy access to public transport.

I'd also like to get a bit of time in the gym to keep things going while I'm there, so if anyone could recommend any gyms and wanted to meet up, that would be cool.

So at the moment, things are not certain, but I just want to get some ideas from anyone who knows the city well and maybe I can start making some solid plans.

• 1 month later...

Heya sosso!

Sorry for taking a bit to respond. I definitely hope that you do make it to Portland - it's a great place! As for a place to stay, I'd offer to host you but I am actually trying to find a space to rent at the moment... We do have some great hostels that are fairly inexpensive and centrally located with the easy access to public transport you desire. I'll let others offer suggestions for gyms but if you want to go for a hike, grab a bite to eat or just have some company let me know.

Here's links for the hostels: www.nwportlandhostel.com - www.portlandhostel.org

Heya sosso!

Sorry for taking a bit to respond. I definitely hope that you do make it to Portland - it's a great place! As for a place to stay, I'd offer to host you but I am actually trying to find a space to rent at the moment... We do have some great hostels that are fairly inexpensive and centrally located with the easy access to public transport you desire. I'll let others offer suggestions for gyms but if you want to go for a hike, grab a bite to eat or just have some company let me know.

Here's links for the hostels: http://www.nwportlandhostel.com - http://www.portlandhostel.org

Hey, thanks for the reply At this stage it looks like the trip will be put off until the end of the year. Possibly November - early December, or Late December - January. I'll keep in touch though and will post something again closer to that time.