Boxing

I would like to start boxing. I used to box for a little while as a younger teenager and I wasnt very good at it because after getting a second degree black belt I could NOT keep BOTH my hands in front of my face for the life of me. Now it has been over 10 years and I have been thinking about it a lot. My husband is very supportive and I just emailed several of the boxing gyms/clubs in my area. I am nervous though, my anxiety wants to prevent me from going through with it. I REALLY want this. I have not told anyone because (I know this is stupid) I dont want to be made fun of. I need some support, advice anything, help me out!

I second everything Mary said.

I always shy away from new things because I'm scared I will get made fun of too. But you know what? Not ONE person has made fun of me. Most people are really supportive and find it neat that you're doing something different. And even if some jerk DID make fun of you (which is unlikely), is that really the end of the world?

You are both right. No one has ever made fun of me (besides the dreaded high school locker room). I would like to try fitness boxing. Mary do you know anywhere around here that offers it that you reccomend. I have wrote an email to odessy but they dont seem to have what I want and I wrote to the hanover boxing club.

hehe I want to box for fitness, lol just because I can take a punch doesnt mean I want to!!! My husband said I should do "foxy boxing" .... i can only imagine. I have my second degree in soo bak do (sp? its been many years)