Yeah, definitely check out supervegan. There is so much good eating in nyc.

I like Candle and Blossom a lot. Pure food and wine is good too, but very expensive. S'nice has great sandwiches. Angelica Kitchen is good for healthier (mostly macrobioitic) food. Terri Cafe is a new place on the west side that I've heard good things about.

If you're looking for a treat, Cocoa V is an all vegan chocolatier and there are two fantastic vegan ice cream shops - Lula's Sweet Apothecary and Stogo.

Thanks

Supervegan is great, will help a lot!

totally agree on the candles. blossom and blossom cafe on the west side also awesome. do you know what part of the city you are staying in? I can give you more places closer to you then.

Staying about a block from Grand Central on Madison Ave, but I'll be taking my walking shoes, so plan on earning any treats I might have...

I went to Blossom in 2007 and was impressed, the food was really good! So there is a good chance I'll go back there.

I think I'll definitely have to check out candles...

Plan on checking out babycakes, lulus etc too...

Oh my gosh my dream is to go to Lula's Sweet Apothecary!
Holy crap how have I not heard of this place before? That's it, I'm going there this Sunday!

Yeah, it's pretty great. They do sundaes and have this amazing cake batter soft serve. Soo good.

Holy crap how have I not heard of this place before? That's it, I'm going there this Sunday!
Yeah, it's pretty great. They do sundaes and have this amazing cake batter soft serve. Soo good.
I can't wait to check it out. Woke up this morning with what seems to be a sinus infection so I'll have to check them out some other day.
there is a book on vegan food in nyc by ryan berry. it is pretty cheap and gives you all of the places that are vegan by neighborhood so it is nice to have if you interested.

Yeah it turns out a friend of mine here in Sydney has a copy of this book, so I'll have to borrow it I think!

I'll be looking for some tasty treats by the time I hit NYC, having played 6 or so games of Rugby in Minneapolis

Dude! Chris, tell me when you land in the US and I'll do my best to meet up! I'll arrange a book talk or something to help cover costs to find you! Would so much love to see you again!

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

Finally made it to Lula's. Absolutely delicious. I had a cashew-based peanut butter fudge ice cream. Without a doubt the best vegan ice cream I've ever had, which includes any of the supermarket ones and better than maggie mudds.

Definitely check them out when you're in NYC.