Ladies

Breakfast: Banana, strawberries, pistachios, sunflower seems and nutrient rich shake

Snack: Hand full of carrots and a banana

Lunch: PB&J with some fruit that's on-hand

Snack: Pepper mix & B-shot

Dinner: Spinach Salad with strawberries and sunflower seeds and granola.

General Activity for the day: Run 10 miles, and about 45min of strength + work.

That's just general food that I often eat, not every day obviously.

Typical day:

Breakfast: green smoothie (fruit, spinach, flax, protein)

Lunch: usually a salad, typically with beans, fruit for dessert

Supper: some sort of bean dish, cooked veggies, fruit for dessert

If I am hungry between meals I'll usually have some fruit.

May I ask what's going on?

A lot of times, if I'm feeling a rut, or just a bit, out of whack, I'll take a backpacking trip, or long hike. Just bring me back to center, refocussed.

Of course! I had two miscarriages, I got sexually assulted in my home and we had to move and it was he 10 year anniversary of my best friends death, and a ton of other stuff. its been a long few months.

What are your goals? Weight loss? Muscle gain? Endurance? Strength? Stamina? You should eat and exercise accordingly.

Also, therapy might not be a bad idea.

Thanks I already am in therapy! It is so so. Right now I would like to gain some muscle, I have excellent endurance but since just having a miscarriage I have a little extra weight I need to shed. Im in limbo.

If you want to gain muscle, fat loss will have to wait until a bit later.. Depending on how lean you want to be.

However, the beauty of gaining muscle is that you burn calories effectively, and you will continue burning them even after your workout.

Focus on heavy to moderate lifting, doing no more than 10 reps per exercise. Focus on compound movements such as squats, bench presses, rows, deadlifts etc. I like the K.I.S.S routine (google it)

A couple days a week when you aren't lifting, do your cardio. Eat well. Repeat.

Yeah, I need a break. I decided to do some online personal training because I have gone as far as I can myself, I need a fresh set of eyes.

I contended with a new job, two sinus infections, a basement flood from hell, overtime at work, and a ton of personal shit...and all in three months. It practically shoved me in the direction of exercise, which kept my stress levels low and made me feel MUCH better than I ordinarily would have. I became a member and coach over at Team Beachbody, and they have a million programs to monitor food intake, your workouts, message boards, discounts for members, you name it. There's a small but growing vegan contingent there. Shakeology is not vegan (it's a lot like Vega) but there are rumors they will have a vegan version at some point.

My recommendation is this: eat clean and workout. By "clean" I mean balanced, healthy, but tasty. Do workouts you enjoy but challenge you. And don't put all of your exercise eggs in one basket.

Oh I forgot to ask..

How long ago was your miscarriage? I should have asked that before I told you to start lifting heavy stuff.

It was over a month ago. Now I am preggers again so I am sticking to low weight and many reps I am actually seeing a great difference

Oh I forgot to ask..

How long ago was your miscarriage? I should have asked that before I told you to start lifting heavy stuff.

It was over a month ago. Now I am preggers again so I am sticking to low weight and many reps I am actually seeing a great difference

congrats! Sounds like you are taking it easy on the weights. And no lying flat on your back for any exercises .... some say third tri, some say second.... I say second Also, if you can find a pre-natal yoga class, you will love it!