Hello from Canada & Cuba!

InmostLight

Hey there,

My name's Rob, a Canadian (Montreal) currently in Cuba for a while and might stay here for another year. Thought joining this forum would provide as motivation itself to work out more and stay healthy. I've seen a lot of the before / after pictures and they're amazing! Kudo's to all of you. I'm surprised that some were my own weight when they started with a similar figure and really changed a lot.

I am not vegan, but as I start to prioritize working out / muscle building, I'm seriously considering making the transition from a lacto-vegetarian diet to vegan, especially after seeing some of the nutrition 'builds' here on this forum. I don't like impose views on people, but would still like to demonstrate to people that veg*n diets certainly ARE healthy, and a strong depiction of the body is a great way to do so, especially from being skinny. I'm sure most of you have heard the typical "You're into HEALTH yet you're a VEG*N?" quote from omni's, and I feel it's important to help change that perspective. So thanks Robert & everyone else

Rob

Wow check this out! Welcome Inmostlight!

Like Johan said, I'm from Cuba but live in Canada. Where in Cuba are you right now? Any questions you have with being vegan there just let me know, I still go to Cuba regularly.

Are you Lena in reverse?
Only you...

Haha, very interesting! Thanks for the welcomes!

I'm in Siboney, right beside old Havana, residing at a diplomatic residence with my girlfriend's parents, I've been here for 5 months and I'm getting by! Learned the ways of the lentils and black beans . It's noticable that vegetarianism / veganism is barely prevalent here, some of the Cubans see the idea as pretty abstract, although understandably so from the conditions of the country. I have 10 days left, and don't think I'll get the 1 year extension (I got a job offer in US foreign affairs, but getting internet and a work visa would be difficult). Oh! Do you know the name of the veg*n restaurant? Someone mentioned something about it, it's in Havana and I'd like to check it out before leaving. Muchas gracias!

There used to be a veg restaurant downtown. I don't really know the name but it's right across from the Amadeo Roldan Theatre. That's on the corner of Calzada (7th) and C Street, Vedado. It wasn't that bad from what I remember but I haven't been there in a while.

Lentejas and black beans are the best!

Let me know if you find the place!