Prize incentive questions/survey - Thanks!

robert

Hey everyone! Looking for a bit of feedback here as I move forward with online book sales. I'd love to just keeping going forward with only my FREE Vega packets and coupons (approx. $10 value) with purchase of my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on www.veganbodybuildingbook.com - But I also love giving extra incentives! I'll always keep that promo going as long as Vega keeps supplying me with products, which they have agreed to as long as I'm selling the books. But I think I can have more success with more give-aways. It's also more fun.

I'm a big fan of incentives and give-aways.....for a couple of reasons. I love giving stuff away, and they work!

Funding the production of my self-published book can be challenging and expensive so every once in a while I offer incentives to get a bunch of orders in right away to help make down payments on a print run of the books.

I'm thinking of compiling a ton of things and offering something like a $500 gift prize to be given in a random drawing. Everyone who orders during X period of time would be entered in the drawing and I would do the drawing on camera and then ship the prize to the winner. I just sent out a $100+ value prize to someone who won a drawing recently.

My questions.......

Would you rather see a $500 gift package up for a prize or something like a $25 package (more than the value of the book) that everyone who orders during that period would get?

What's more intriguing, a chance at a $500 prize or a sure thing to get a $25 prize with purchase? Just taking a survey.

Thanks!

Robert

PS, as I keep mentioning in posts all over the place....NOT to leave out anyone who ordered during a period when there wasn't an incentive going, I will go back in time and chose a group of people who ordered during X period when there wasn't an incentive and pick a random winner for a prize.

I'm on tour constantly and collect lots of things from other books to t-shirts to products and supplements, etc. I'll make sure that every time period is covered, so everyone who ordered, no matter when, will at least be entered in some kind of drawing at least once

My gift to you, as you've given so much to me!

-Robert

Thanks. That has been the popular...overwhelmingly popular answer on FB too.

The book itself is extremely valuable based on feedback and is worth getting just on it's own, but I'm obsessed with providing a little "extra" for everyone, simply to say "thanks."

I'm still working on ideas.

Soon I won't have to offer any "extras" except the Vega samples, but because of some poor decisions in the past, quite a few actually, that had expensive consequences, I do need to "boost" book sales just to pay for the printing of the book.

So, I continue to brainstorm...while at the gym, while in the sauna, while at home, while walking, while falling asleep.....I ponder, I think, and historically I've come up with some super successful ideas like the prize give-aways, drawings, incentives, etc.

Back to work.......thanks!

I have the book......and not to sound cheesy -- it is a prize in and of itself. It's been a wealth of information to me and the only book of its kind in existence as far as I have found. Being that I've only been vegan since last November, it's awesome to have a reference and inspiration all in one! Also thankyou for all the samples you sent when I pre-ordered! Take care.

Barb

Aww, thanks so much Barb. A few other said something similar on Facebook too, that the book itself is a great treat. I appreciate that. I worked very hard on it, as many recall. I was away from the forum for a while, working 12-15 hours a day writing, editing, arranging photos, coming up with food pyramids, etc.

I just love providing a little extra...especially as incentives to boost orders during a specific period of time in order to help fund the printing of more books, etc.

I'm working on a few ideas. I'm also reaching out to a bunch of stores which has been really great!

Thanks.

Robert

Thanks for feedback.

Looking for ways to keep sales going strong simply to afford to keep printing books.

The book itself is value enough to cover the $20 to order it, but it's those crunch times where I need to boost sales to keep it going, I look for incentive ideas.

Thanks again for the feedback.

-Robert