Vegan Girl From New York HI!!!!

Ilovepigs22

Hey everyone! I am a newbie at this lifestyle but have been a vegetarian since I was around 13 years old. I am 24 years old now and recently read a book about Animal Rights that truly opened my eyes. Then i spent hours and hours educating myself and watching undercover videos of life in factory farms. I cried my eyes out and I was so angry at what i saw. I knew that I did not want to support this industry and I didnt want to spend my hard earned money to help these a$$ holes stay in business. I love animals and I am a firm believer that we should not think that they are born on this earth to feed us. Unless we were all starving without any stores, i hate hearing the argument about the food chain. People raise them in farms and kill them with little effort...there is no hunt..no strategy...they are cowards and inhumane. I hear a lot of things about protein and how a vegan diet has none. I am sick of all the comments honestly and people stressing that we NEED animals to eat so that we can survive AND that we need animal protein to build muscle. I want to bash all of the comments and show people what a vegan diet can truly do. Will I involve animals in this process? YES I WILL....live animals I will jog with my dog, use my cat as a free therapist, and try to get this word across. My dream is to compete in a figure competition and i am going to do it. I really do not care about winning..but just getting on stage The Vegan Way.

If you guys want to get to know me more, i have a channel on youtube where i started a video blog...

http://www.youtube.com/user/dietgirly22

Welcome to the forum! I'm new too to weight lifting, and can see myself regretting doing it on a vegetarian diet compared to a vegan diet. In fact, the people that are constantly telling us that we NEED animal-based protein is complete inspiration to do it WITHOUT. It puts in more of a challenge . Keep in mind that the omni's were simply conditioned that way, and don't see the light, name-calling isn't nice ;D.

Good luck with your path to compete!

thanks!!! You are right. Its hard to put myself in their shoes because I grew up in a family that had 2 vegetarians since as far as i could remember. But I spend one day in my boyfriend's house and they never go one meal without meat...they just purchased chocolate bacon....so whenever i eat at their house I feel a mini freak-out going on on their end because it is like OMG WHAT KIND OF MEAL HAS NO MEAT HOLY CRAP. haha but yes u are so right about the omnis being conditioned that way. Bring on the challenge people

Oh good god...there's such thing as Chocolate Bacon?

Yeah, I have a friend that's turned off by the idea of going a meal without meat. It's a pretty far-fetched idea, and quite unhealthy! I just can't imagine consciously taking in so much meat, (or any meat at all) and to think it's 'weird' not to eat animal products at all. That's what I like about the idea of vegan weight-lifting, it's supporting the movement contrary to the odd perception that omni's have toward veg*ns.

Live on!

okay i am about to make a generalization right now but Vegans are awesome. I love the welcome that i am getting to this forum!!! so amazing Every single vegan I have ever met have been very loving and appreciative of life. Never met a mean vegan and I never imagine meeting one. I would be very caught off guard if i did lol. Thanks for the welcome!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not to burst your bubble, but vegan or not, some people can be butts.

I love your first intro there! Everything you said I totally resonated with. This is my 3 year marker for being vegan after being raised vegetarian. This time 3 years ago, I was researching animal rights and watching every undercover video I could and watching all the related ways that people kill animals etc. My eyes were opened, and I too got very angry. I still do. Those that don't get angry are missing something in my mind. It's one thing to be completely mature about it and act appropriately as one should, but that rage never subsided within. I'm jealous you have a cat as a therapist. I gave mine away 3.5 years ago to go do a job. They really do help, and double as a pillow

My reaction like you and many others- is motivation to show how strong a vegan can get. I recently decided that actually doing a competition is a goal of mine as well. Winning or not, I'm just trying to get ripped and represent every day. I have deep roots with many people around me, and nearly all of them know I'm vegan, so at the very least I'm already making a different sort of impression on them as to what veganism is.

Welcome btw! If you can't tell, I'm excited to have you on here for where you're coming from, and your goals. Look forward to hearing more of your thoughts on this forum! find me on FB too under [email protected]