Half way through P90 and just tore my ACL!!!

uwhitson

Greetings,

I have been a vegan for about 2 years now and recently started P90x. I felt my work at the gym hit a plateau and P90x seemed like a great way to get out of the gym and save my self some time. Anyway the program was going great, but now I have to stop for a while. About a week and a half ago I tore my ACL playing flag football . I will need surgery in a few weeks, though I am considering continuing the upper body workouts. Has anyone on the forum torn their ACL, I am interested in which graft you chose and how it has been working. Once I am on my feet, done with physical therapy and back from a trip this summer, I will restart the program. Before I start I will be sure to take some photos!

I tore both of mine, my right knee I did about 15 years ago playing football and I did my left one tripping down the stairs in my garden. I've never had surgery on either though so I can't comment on which option to take. I figured high school was over so I won't be playing football again. I've been able to function fine without surgery, in saying that my left knee is taking alot longer to come around then my right one did but I figure that's mostly because I was far more athletic in my younger years.