please give it to me straight!

Im sorry if this has been asked before but it is a subject that really confuses me.

Am i meant to eat MORE calories or LESS calories to lose fat?

I can never work this one out as when i try both i still dont lose weight. The only time ive lost weight is when i was high fat raw. So i was eating like 3-4 avocados a day and around 2-3 coconuts a week and i lose 11lb in 20 days.

I think maybe he was eating too little (way below maintenance) or too much (way above maintenance) For some people coconuts can be laxatives, or rather have a laxative effect. I am not sure if eating three a week constitutes that for you. You have to figure out what kind of calories you are expending. Which can be difficult to do. If your day is changing all the time then that is a problem. Try getting a routine if that is at all possible. A routine for your day not just your exercising. When you think that you have a number that is consistent enough. Try shaving 10% off for 2 weeks. See what happens. If you eat too little and burn too much it can cause confusion with the body and it may try to hold on to weight.

Im sorry if this has been asked before but it is a subject that really confuses me.

Am i meant to eat MORE calories or LESS calories to lose fat?

I can never work this one out as when i try both i still dont lose weight. The only time ive lost weight is when i was high fat raw. So i was eating like 3-4 avocados a day and around 2-3 coconuts a week and i lose 11lb in 20 days.

Calories eat - calories burned = affect on weight.

Eat too little, you can go into starvation, eat too much and you'll gain!

Also, my personal opinion (as a personal trainer, and someone who lost a bunch of weight), eat all the good fats you want, especially if you're very active at working out. I'll have like, two avocados and a cup of pistachios every day (thats not all I eat, it's just a good example of TASTY good fats).

thank you for your replies

i (she!) did not have a problem eating that amount of coconut. People also said to me with the amount of dates i was eating that i should be on the loo all the time (i wasnt!!)

Next week i will try and do a food plan and stick to it so i can log the amount of calories im eating.

I tried to figure how many cals i am meant to eat on some food thing and it said 2300 but i had trouble eating that amount. Do you think i should try and eat that amount or do you think i should eat about 1800?

Im 20, 5'6 and around 9 stone.