Closed Minded Alpha males...how do you deal with them.

RAINRA

Ok I am not referring to anyone here on the site. I work with some dude who thinks he is gods gift to the world. He thinks his strategies and approaches are the best and everyone else should follow him or what he says. He is all about "I". Other peoples ideas are not important. How would you deal with someone like that.

Cause really I am not one to deal with that kinda bullshit. People need some serious evaluating of themselves. Life is more than just you...

Ok I am not referring to anyone here on the site. I work with some dude who thinks he is gods gift to the world. He thinks his strategies and approaches are the best and everyone else should follow him or what he says. He is all about "I". Other peoples ideas are not important. How would you deal with someone like that.

Cause really I am not one to deal with that kinda bullshit. People need some serious evaluating of themselves. Life is more than just you...

do you mean talking to him about veganism for muscle? Then have a better body then him.

do you mean like work projects? Then ignore him and build a better mouse trap.

Yeah. He just sounds like a regular run-of-the-mill asshole.

Which reminds me of a Jimmy Buffet song that goes "Were ya born an asshole? Or didja work at it yer whole life? Either way it worked out fine. CUZ YER AND AAAAASSHOLE TONIGHT!"

Good times.

We started a new gym. He is one of the trainers here but we teach classes only gym, parkour, breakdancing and crossfit. We are all trying to get it up and running and bring people in. He is not the owner but acts like he is. I thought it would be a good idea to promote online he says he is going to do his own thing. He is a powerlifter but thinks his system is the best way and the only way. For the gym he wants to write his own blog to promote himslef. This is a gym that is not about personal trainers but a family like place where we all work together for each of us. Even when I suggest ideas he knocks everyone of them down. He points out that I am amatuer at and I am not really aware of what is going on with parkour culture. Even if I was that would not be a way to make friends. I am totally like whatever but he does not care about anyone but himself it seems. He is self promoting and apparently he is gods gift to fitness.

That is pretty much it. Even when I am nice and polite he is like yeah fine!

He sounds like a dick.

How do the other employers at the gym react to him?

It's funny because most of the time, the guys who think they know it all, actually doon't know wtf they're talking about. Like those annoying people who spam colon hydrotherapy thnk they're gasteroenterologists.

Hmm, people can be difficult, but what did you do to deserve him to treat people like this? Likely nothing or very little. Often these 'difficult' people have received their own toll of aggression when they were growing up, and was influenced to behave the same way. Try not to let anything really sink in and affect you, and if he's really persistent and there's no way to avoid him during classes, I recommend you just talk to him personally and tell him in a polite way that that kind of attitude isn't productive in a gym, whether he's been there 2 days, 6 years, or 40 years.