One arm stronger then the other

I've just started lifting weights (using only dumbbells) and in almost every exercise my left arm is a lot weaker. I've injured my left wrist some time ago and would avoided doing daily activities with my left arm. Would using my straight bar/ez-bar to help my left arm catch up? Currently with my dumbbells I would do as many reps till my left arm maxs out.

Yep, you'll catch up. Don't worry. Some folks use dumbbells for a while. Either way it'll catch up. Keep good form (that's always important). In order to keep good form your weak arm is going to drive your decisions about the amount of weight to use for a while. In 30 days you won't even remember you had the problem. I'm glad to see you have started lifting. Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi VelvetVoices,

since you have just started lifting weights, so it is ok if one arm is weaker than the other. BTW it is better that you are using dumbbells instead of barbell because it allows you to concentrate equally on both arms. The key is to be consistent with your routine and you will see that after a month or two your weak arm will catch up.