Why Are You Happy Today?

VelvetVoices

As the subject says, so why?

I'm generally a positive person and thought people could share their happiness. (something do did, helped someone out, good workout at the gym etc etc)

After receiving all the rain/thunder showers we did this past week; I woke up this morning with the hot sun shining down on me during my morning bike ride to work, was great.

I love this theme!

I also focus on positive things as often as possible.

Today I'm happy for an interview with a mainstream magazine that seems to continue to go well...interview has really been going on for about a week now, but still positive feedback, which is great.

I'm also booking a trip to AZ, NM, TX, and up to Wisconsin which makes me happy. Exciting to see it come together.

I've also been able to help out others today and have been helped out and both are fantastic feelings.

High Fives!

Because of the pancakes I just had. (out of "Skinny Bitch - cookbook")

They've probably been the fluffiest, best pancakes I've ever had.

mmmmmmmm my girlfriend and I love pancakes, did you use whole wheat pastry flour like the recipe asked for? (or the recipe I'm thinking of)

I love this theme!

I also focus on positive things as often as possible.

Today I'm happy for an interview with a mainstream magazine that seems to continue to go well...interview has really been going on for about a week now, but still positive feedback, which is great.

Sweet, good luck on the interview; hope it turns out great.

I find life is just so much more easier and stress free when I have a positive outlook on things.

Have a great evening y'all.

I am happy coz I am learning how to be a vegan and feeling that my healthy is improving. I am happy because I have you all here to share experiences, doubts, questions and a lot of another things and thinks.

I am happy because it's not so hot here in Brazil.

I am happy coz my weight is 152 lb (about 68,6 kgs - I am 5'68" - 173 cm)

I am specially happy coz I'll be on vacation in next July!!!! YEAH

That's great Dan_Brazil, all the best to you, your health and your journey down veganism.

I'm happy because I just got "sort of" engaged? Here's the story...

A couple months ago, my boyfriend asked, "So, if I were to propose, what would you say?" I said, "Um, are you proposing right now?" He said, "No, no, I just want to know what you would say." I replied, "You may have to ask me for real to find out."

This weekend he admitted to me he had been looking for rings, but was clueless, so he wanted my help. He found a fair trade company online but didn't know what I would be happy with. So I ended up picking the one he thought I would like anyway!

I'm not sure at what point I get to tell people I'm engaged, but I guess it's pretty close to happening, so I'm happy!

@Adena, That's awesome!

I am happy because I either lift or practice martial arts every day, and as a result, for the first time in my life, I don't feel like a weak skinny vegan

I just love this! I totally love seeing kick ass vegans! Way to be brother!

I'm holding back my happiness for another 3 days and it's killing me! I'm such a happy guy, but going into wed & Thursdays finals with pretty much F's to start, isn't so happy. It's a totally messed up situation, that wouldn't have gotten this way at all if I had stayed in community college for these classes. Grrr.

But on the other hand, I'm really happy for friday and beyond! For all the tubing down the Clackamas river with friends soon to start. For all the work I'll get to do on my car and get to see a dream come to fruition. For my new Vitamix, and all the great smoothies I've been making. For more working out! For a life without school for a few months!

I decided to end nursing school and go to university to become a nutritionist instead. Of course I have a few worries because I'm getting out of nursing school, but I'm looking forward to university and hope that I'll like that education/job better.

Edited by julia

@Adena congratulations!

@Julia best of luck to you!

I had an amazing day today! I LOVE my life in LA...and I always knew I would, which is why I wanted to move here for years.

This morning I trained with movie producer who is a friend of mine and his personal trainer is one of the best around. He trains top NFL Pro Bowl players, some of the best athletes on the planet. It was my 2nd workout with this trainer and it was incredible.

It was on Santa Monica Beach and it was a beautiful day. Then hung out with my producer friend for a bit and heading home. When I got home I did a radio interview that went well and then I packed up more books to ship out. While I was packing up books I got an order from an A-list celebrity who ordered online just like everyone else. It was unexpected and very encouraging!

Then I ate, and got ready to go to a movie premiere tonight and hung out with 4-time NBA Champion John Salley who is vegan and becoming somewhat of a friend of mine. 3rd time I've seen him lately and we're going to be in touch about some projects, maybe collaborate, etc. We'll see. Saw a bunch of other friends, actors, etc. at the movie premiere and it was cool because a bunch of people came up to me saying they know me but I didn't know them.

For whatever reason, since I was a kid I wanted to live some Hollywood lifestyle....I guess maybe at some point we all do, just like we all want to be pro athletes when we grow up, or a musician or something. So I embrace every opportunity I have here in LA and I truly enjoy it for reasons that are meaningful to me and represent a lifetime of hard work.

So that was my happy day.

Tomorrow should be a great one too. (oh, and the Lakers lost which makes me happy).

Thanks robert!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy your life in LA so much!!

I'll visit my grandparents today, and they have a swimming pool in her garden (and the temperature's close to 100F) so I'm looking forward to seeing them again, and of course a refreshment will be great as well.