Rants! Let it out.

Eksster

Tell us what's ailin' ya.

So something that got brought up recently that was bothering me was other vegans thinking I'm a cop. Funny right?! Yea, for a second, then you realize they're serious and it and it just feels like a bad type of alienation. When it was brought up recently, it was a real concern of a few at a big potluck. Then they got over it or whatever. I wasn't the only main stream looking person there, which seems to be the only reason for this.

The real problem was with this guy and girl at Vegfest here in Portland two years ago. It took place at a high school I believe. They were tabling for some sort of animal rights sort of thing. My friend Claire was tabling for some sort of law thing pertaining to animals a few feet from them. I went up to these two folks and asked about what kind of activism they actually do and how I can get involved. The girl thought I was a cop. Straight and simple. I don't remember the escalation details, just that Claire tried telling them they can trust me, but with the full support of the guy, that girl actually got up, left the table, and went around telling people I was a cop because they needed to know.

This past event wouldn't still be lingering with me if I had ever gotten closure with it! Like a fucking apology! And it doesn't help feeling discriminated against for whatever bs judgement people have based on the way I look. No wonder so many vegans I know don't ever show up to any vegan events!

I'm going to keep going to all the events, potlucks, demos, etc. that I can make it too, and I just would like people to be a little more like some of the really nice other people that go to these. I would just like to say to them, as Peter from family guy said to the guy whipping him as he was pretending to be Jesus getting whipped in passion of the christ as they were making fun of Mel Gibson: Hey hey hey hey! Stop it! Stop it! ok?

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=vl8wTgpQtqs

From what I gathered is that they thought they were special enough that there would be some super secret task force to infiltrate the vegan community to find incriminating blah blah activism blah. Basically good question.

It feels really weird to me posting that. Just having it up on here for fear of judgement. But I'm just being honest with what happened and how it makes me feel. I normally won't touch on negatives like this. I suppose my goal is to figure out who this person is, and someday get an apology, but that doesn't sound like it's worth the effort. JK, feeling satirical.

If there is such a task force, that's interesting, but I've never caught wind.

i think AR peeps need to be aware and watchful of cops. sometimes certain questions make someone sound like they are trying to sound informed and willing to help, but something just doesn't seem right.

i have personally seen undercover cops at events.

and there is a big involvement with a lot of AR people that is tied in with the hardcore/ punk scene, where you also have undercover cops and a hatred back and forth between the two groups.

I don't really get that.. How does someone "look" like a cop? We have cops around here who are short and bald, tall, thin, young, old whatever. We even have some female ones.

Maybe you just have that appearance that is associated with authority figures? Do you wear aviators?

lol. You know, that's hilarious. The only time I wore aviators WAS when I was trying to go for an authority figure back as a lifeguard. I yelled at people a lot. Me and like 6 other guards got the aviators going.

To all Hippies/PC Punks!

Fuck just because I bathe and have a job doesn't mean that you get to look down upon me like I'm not a real punk. I have more revolution going on in my left nut then you will ever have!

I grew up poor, you choose poor, its not the same thing.

Hemp (although very nutritional) is not the be all end all of food, so stop recommending that I try it.

Refusing to kick a rapist out of your apartment because your a pacifist just means you're a coward.

Listening to Against Me! is now punishable by death!

Reading Emma Goldman does not make you special or unique