New to Vegan Bodybuilding - tips on what to eat?

Hi, ive been vegan for 8 years, vegetarian before that for 7 years, and only recently (last 4 months) have i been really trying to put on some muscle, so that my appearance reflects what i want others to think of when they think of a vegan.

im 6 foot 4, and have always been rather tall and skinny. At my lightest a few years back i was around 170 lbs. Today i am 214 lbs and pushing more weight then i have ever done!

Today was the first day i bench pressed 2x45lb weights on the olympic bar (was a goal of mine).

I wanted to outline some of the suppliments i have been eating and getting your expert opinions on what im doing, and if there needs to be additions or modifications.

I work on my muscles every second day, and work on the same muscle group only once a week. I used to do cardio on the off days, however my leg has been hurting of late (question about this later).

I typically have 3 protein shakes a day (pea protein 28 grams a scoop) and 5grams of l-glutamine (free form powder by Now Sports). So in total in supplements alone i consume around 100 grams of protein, and 15 grams of glutamine a day. I eat a lot of other foods during the day, a wide variety of veggies, lots of fruits, nuts and grains.

How are these doses for a 6 foot 4 man at 214 lbs? I want to loose some belly fat that just doesnt seem to want to go away.

Do i need to take anything else? Ive read something about BBAC (dont know if im spelling the acronym right)? Any info on that?

Back to my leg pain i mentioned earlier: about a month ago i wanted to push my cardio by doing intense running in timed intervals (walking for 1 minute, running for 1 minute as fast as i can). I think i pushed myself too far (as im new to running), and my leg joint in around my hip has been hurting quite a bit. The other day i tried doing some leg stretches (touching my toes) and it really messed up the leg that night. Ive also noticed that the same leg's knee also has been feeling a bit odd and painful. Hurt like crazy. Have been trying to keep off my leg as much as i can, but i have to walk a lot when i work.

Just wondering if the protein or glutamine might be negatively effecting the healing of my leg/knee because it feels like it should have gotten better already.

Any ideas? Anything i can do to speed up my recovery so that i can start implementing some cardio in my exercises?

sorry for the long story and questions.

ha. his answer was about what I was going to say.

What to eat?

lots.

or "more".

depends on the game plan. at your height, I'd be pushing for 250, but that's just me.

eat a lot. Eat a lot of protein. Bulk now, cut later.

Lots of seitan, tvp, beans, rice, avocado, nut butters, etc.

also, protein shouldn't be messing your healing.

it's probably a lack of rest.

hold stretches when you stretch. don't bounce them. that's asking for trouble. GREAT SAVE! (sorry, watching Ivory Coast and Portugal). Anyhow, stretch slow.

also, ice any soreness. and don't overdo it. If you're not an athlete, work up to training like one. don't just dive right in.

Just try to stay off the leg, ice it, take ibuprofen to keep inflammation down (if you do that sort of thing). It'll be better.

I want to loose some belly fat that just doesnt seem to want to go away.
What's your daily calorie intake? Though if your injured I wouldn't be looking to cut fat.
Just wondering if the protein or glutamine might be negatively effecting the healing of my leg/knee because it feels like it should have gotten better already.
Keep taking your protein and glutamine; certain amino acids will help increase healing along with vitamins A, B, C, & D as well as calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, & zinc.

I want to loose some belly fat that just doesnt seem to want to go away.
What's your daily calorie intake? Though if your injured I wouldn't be looking to cut fat.
Keep taking your protein and glutamine; certain amino acids will help increase healing along with vitamins A, B, C, & D as well as calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, & zinc.

i havent broken down my daily caloric intake in a while, but i eat a lot. I eat a low fat (hardly ever add oils) to my foods. I avoid junk, coffee, alcohol (most of the time). Dont smoke either.