Have you ever cut your own hair?

VelvetVoices

Do you cut your own hair? or have you in the past? What was the outcome?

My last haircut (at a salon) was truly a letdown, I told the gf that I'll just shave it all off myself during summer time. When fall comes I'll grow it out a little and was thinking I'd just buy some clippers and do it myself, don't know yet.

So anyone else cut there own hair?

http://www.mrcheapstuff.com/images/bad_hair_cut.jpg

Haven't cut my own hair in years, I would just do a buzz cut which was pretty easy. But the style of cut I get at the salon is both sides/back shaved and top of head is cut short finger length, which is a little more difficult to do when I let it grow back in the fall. Hoping to pick up a hair trimmer this weekend and give it a shot again.

If I screw it up, I'll post pic's

When Underworld first came out I was so in love with Kate Beckinsale's hair and for some reason got the brilliant idea to cut and dye my own hair to look the same. I threw my hair in a pony tail and chopped it off...the out come was okay. I wasn't too disappointed, but I definitely wouldn't do it again. I had a lot of really uneven parts Oh well...It's just hair, it grows back

This was the outcome...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/AmyHouse/19236_650186379393_27213555_3806331.jpg

ive cut my own hair the past 12 years...saved thousands.

wow 12 years, that would be around $2880CAD in savings

wird, im lucky i have the hair that looks good kinda messy...plus im like super hot so who cares about hair.....ahhahhahaha just kidding.

I'm a hairdresser and I usually cut my own hair. Sometimes you just can't trust a hairdresser

You could most definitely do it yourself. If you're going to buzz it all over, there should be no problem. Just invest in a decent pair of clippers and take your time. If you're planning on keeping the top a bit longer then you'll need a set that includes guides or is adjustable. Start out with the longer guides or settings and if it's too long you can always go shorter. Just make sure any attachments are secure before you start.....don't want to find out the hard way that the guide wasn't secure. Good luck with your cutting endeavors!

I always cut my own hair. I've cut it in a couple different ways. Sometimes it doesn't turn out so great, but it grows really fast, luckily. I've cut it a bit like Amelie's hair (if you've ever seen that movie) and it looks ok. I've had the Chelsea, which is all shaved or buzzed except for bangs and side flaps, and it actually looks pretty rockin' on me. Right now it's getting quite a bit longer and I'm hoping to grow it out before my wedding. I always have bangs, and somehow usually manage not to get them too uneven. It took a lot of practice, though!