70% Pea Protein/30% Rice, 70% Rice/30% Pea etc.

I know 70% Pea/30% Rice Protein has a really good amino acid score, 146. Is it better than other blends, or just straight rice or pea protein? I am looking for the optical rice and/or pea protein blend. I don't care about pretty flavors, textures etc. I just want the best replacement for casein protein.

Thanks.

Why not hemp protein ?

If pea and rice blend has a good amino acid score, choose this. You can do 50% rice and 50% pea. Or 1/3 each: rice, pea, hemp.

Anyways, the different protein sources you eat throughout the day all combines themselves to make complete proteins, so it doesn't really matter.

You can also do smoothies with fresh whole foods like alfafa sprouts mixed with pineapple chunks and raw almond butter; things like that...

Spend your time eating the protein instead of counting those percentages and you'll get much better results. All pea/rice/soy/hemp proteins have good amino acid profiles so you'll be fine with any of those.

More seriously: I'd just take pea, rice & others one at a time so it will take more time to get fed up with one flavor.

I don't think even pro bodybuilders count those ratios.

Spend your time eating the protein instead of counting those percentages and you'll get much better results. All pea/rice/soy/hemp proteins have good amino acid profiles so you'll be fine with any of those.

More seriously: I'd just take pea, rice & others one at a time so it will take more time to get fed up with one flavor.

This

Yes that blend is the best among vegan protein powders. We had a pretty long thread about that going here that's gone quiet: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8869

I think it's worth it to optimize the amino profile if you're going to be using protein powder. Plus, this blend has good mixability--straight pea is very thickening.

Hemp "protein" is less than 50% protein.

Thanks. And now back to you Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
Not less, it IS 50%, which is a lot for a whole food. It is more than most meat and dairy. What % of daily calories most people eat in protein ? Less than 30%... So 50% is a lot.
The one I was looking at was 49%, but fine. How exactly is it a whole food? It's the protein extracted from the hemp seeds, it contains less of the oil and fiber of the whole seed. It's not removed through a chemical process, but it's as much a whole food as white flour, though nutritionally superior.

It doesn't matter what the percentage is compared to what the average person eats. For the purposes of protein supplementation there are other protein powders out there that are cheaper, have a better amino profile, and don't come attached with much else other than the protein.