The "what I had for dinner" thread

VelvetVoices

I had many dinners:)

First 6 bananas, then after 1 hour I drank a glass of chia fresca (4 teaspoons of chia seeds in apple juice). Then later I ate a big plate of buckwheat with tofu, and handfull of cherry tomatoes. Then before bed, 100 g of rolled oats with apple juice and handful of raw sunflower and pumpkin seads. And I woke up hungry this morning!

Last night I had corn on the cob and plain salad (lettuce, carrot shavings, cucumber) with no salad dressing since it wasn't vegan at my girlfriends parents place. Good thing I had my protein shake and some mix nuts to last me till I got home, then I had some leftover pasta/lentils, organic tomato sacue with cauliflower.

Tonight's dinner was bean and veggie burritos:

Kidney beans (cover the beans with water) cooked with garlic, kale, roasted red peppers, onions, corn, okra, green peppers, add one tsp of each: cayenne pepper seasoning, paprika, chili powder.

Just saute it for about 20 minutes (letting the water soak everything up into a thick consistency). Add some nutritional yeast, salsa, tofutti sour cream, throw into a whole grain tortilla, voila, dinner is served. (I also had a mixed greens salad with tomatoes, beets and sunflower seeds with rice vinegar as my dressing.)

• 2 weeks later...
Adena, was that the Vcon recipe? I love it so much...my fave tempeh recipe.

I was in a rush so I just had some black beans smothered in nutritional yeast and sriracha. Sounds kind of gross, but it's my favourite 'in a hurry' meal

Yes, it is from Veganomicon. That cookbook changed my life!

I have to admit, black beans with nooch and sriracha sound totally gross, but I'm going to have to try it now!