New Vegan Proteins from True Protein?

Looks like there could be some good stuff down the pipeline for vegans from TP. Dante has been going on about new alternatives to whey for awhile. This is from their most recent email.

In light of the recent whey and milk shortages around the world, we've done our homework again in finding alternatives. We plan on bringing on additional products in the next few months as possible alternatives to the ever popular "King Whey".

In researching for new products, we sometimes loose focus on extremely worthy raw materials we currently stock. Gemma Protein, we've offered for years and from it's date of launch it's progressively grown into one of our most popular products and for good reason. Price is the most obvious one, it's pound for pound one of our most economical, along with the fact that it has the same protein purity as a whey isolate >90%, so it's higher in protein than most.

Amino content wise, Gemma Protein is a complete protein powerhouse, comparable to whey protein. Although Comparable, Gemma Protein surpasses whey protein in key amino acids, such as Arginine, Glutamic Acid (Glutamine), and Tyrosine.

100g of Gemma Protein compared to Whey Protein:

Arginine: 9.1g Gemma compared to 1.7g Whey

Glutamic Acid 20.3g Gemma compared to 14.9g Whey

Tyrosine 3.9g Gemma compared to 2.4g Whey

Leucine 8.7g Gemma compared to 8.8g Whey

Valine 5.2g Gemma compared to 5.0g Whey

Isoleucine 4.7g Gemma compared to 5.7g Whey

We've added an additional cost efficient Protein Formula to our product list! Check out our Invigorate Protein Formula that we've packed with Gemma Protein, hydrolyzed whey, whey isolate and egg white albumin. This blend is sure to be a favorite.

Blending pea with a bunch of whey and egg doesn't really seem like progress. I'm not reading anything in there suggesting there will be more vegan proteins in the future.

But that's ok, I'm quite happy with my pea/rice blend.

Blending pea with a bunch of whey and egg doesn't really seem like progress. I'm not reading anything in there suggesting there will be more vegan proteins in the future.

But that's ok, I'm quite happy with my pea/rice blend.

A lot of what I am reading into is from Dante's posts on Intense Muscle. He has expressed interest in bringing out new plant proteins there, and this newsletter sort of announces that goal.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have more options. I just didn't get that from his post. TP has definitely been good at bringing more affordable vegan proteins to the market, but the whole sky-is-falling on cheap whey hysteria has been going on for a few years now. Waiting for it to happen...

Apparently there is good reason now to believe that the sky is falling. Most dairies have been bought out of whey by Coke and Pepsi. It might only be a temporary hike, but it is hopefully enough to get people scrambling for plant alternatives, because basically anything that is from an animal and isn't whey is expensive anyway. But, like you point out, a gemma/rice blend is all we really need anyway.