A question about a specific target area

This may be an odd question, but even though I can get muscle definition on my legs and arms (which I don't want on my arms) I cannot get it on my butt. I have a rather flat rear-end and nothing I do seems to make it bigger. Basically, anyone have a routine that could put some size on my rear? I am basically buttless at this point.

OK, so your question made me go check out my butt in the mirror. I was shocked to discover that I have an butt now! I never really paid attention, but I do remember years ago being told I had a typical "white guys ass" which was to say no butt at all.

I have to say that out of all the exercises I do, plyo is the one that I feel the most in that area. Every time I do it, I find I can deeper in the squats and jump higher without burning out. It really helps out with biking, running, or any other sport involving legs.

Something along the lines of squats or good mornings will hit that area, but those muscles don't grow too much, at least not compared to, say, quads.

It's usually a layer of fat that makes butts larger... not sure that's desirable.

Bicycling helped my butt more than anything else.

My theory is that biker's butts grow huge callouses due to the horribly uncomfortable seats. I went out for 2 hours yesterday today the only thing sore is where I sit on the seat.

Thats why you get bike pants, and a seat cover!

I have a nice big cushy gel filled seat. Still hurts after a while.

I don't like bike shorts. Not enough freedom.

I think my butt just gets numb, and luckily doesn't hurt later. I just got done with a really great ride, that ended with me flying into a creek to not hit a suicidal bunny. My cushioned bike shorts really helped with the impact.

We have chipmunks and prairie dogs. The prairie dogs are the worst. They will be nice and safe on the right side of the path, but when you are just feet from passing, they dart across the path to their burrow. I almost flipped over hitting the brakes on my mountain bike. I decided to switch the brakes so that the right one was my front brake like on my motorcycle so I will less likely flip.

I have a full suspension mountain bike which I really like over the bumps. I have it really springy so it takes a lot of energy. I can maintain a heart rate of about 130 at like 13 MPH. LOL

Yes! Why do they stay on the side of the trail until you're RIGHT THERE. It was creek, or the tree but I thought the creek would hurt less.

And that is crazy spring action to keep that heart rate! That is awesome.

Your butt can get a LOT curvier with exercise. The exercises that help the most are: LUNGES with WEIGHTS do not do this exercise without weights or your butt will only get SMALLER. If you do variations to the side it will work different parts of your butt.. Next exercise is on the floor and you put a weight on your belly not too much weight and you push your hips forward as far as you can go with your feet as close to your butt as much as possible for as many times as possible.. FEEL the BURN.. And good luck it really does work.. You don't have to live with a flat Butt.. squats help your legs get bigger and if you have a flat butt it will only look smaller....

If you want a bigger butt, make squats your number 1 exercise. Go all the way down, as far as you can flexible wise. Ass to grass style will incorporate your glutes more, compared to going until your legs are parallel. But if you want more definition in your glutes, your going to have to drop bodyfat percentages.