Vega shake

I don't use Vega, but with any of the mixes, I throw them into a blend with some fruit. I have a Vita-Mix, so I take frozen bananas and maybe strawberries or blueberries with my pea and rice protein to make a very think shake or ice cream like treat. The chocolate Rice protein power is awesome for making chocolate shakes. The Vanilla I can't stand. I would rather use plain and throw in real vanilla. The pea protein has a very smooth flavor and gives an also malt like taste to the shakes.

i'll assume vega is like any other food/protein powder, essentially gross when used with just water. recently i've been making protein shakes with juice, soy milk, blueberries, strawberries and ice - and they're delicious. just experiment a little, water only sucks

• 5 months later...

The best way i've found to cover up the taste is the following,smoothie with blueberries and strawberries, vanilla almond milk, peanut butter (be generous), this is what covers up the taste the most. the peanut butter will make it a thick smoothie but it's a tastier way to take down the vega. it ends up tasting like pb&j.

The best way i've found to cover up the taste is the following,smoothie with blueberries and strawberries, vanilla almond milk, peanut butter (be generous), this is what covers up the taste the most. the peanut butter will make it a thick smoothie but it's a tastier way to take down the vega. it ends up tasting like pb&j.

peanut butter in protein shakes = amazing

• 2 weeks later...

Which Vega products are you using?

There are lots of different ones and I like some way more than others.

Some of the flavors like berry for example are hard to overcome I have found, but others I really like, such as chocolate, natural, and all the sports products, etc.

Blending with fruits, especially strong tasting berries could help, etc.

I think the Sport Pre-Workout energy drinks are fantastic tasting and the vanilla sport protein is awesome.

The new Shake and Go Smoothies are all pretty good, but in general, I don't like berry as much in any of the Vega products.

Hope you find ways to enjoy them!

All the best!

-RC

The chocolate Vega I mix with rice milk, I just don't like it with only water. The rice milk also gives it more consistency. I use a shaker cup and fill it with rice milk and then one scoop of Vega, usually chocolate. My second favorite would have to be the vanilla chai. I find the berry flavor a bit too sweet and flavorful for my tastes. You can also blend them with fruit, but I prefer the faster method of pouring, shaking, and consuming!

I drink it with water daily, but it wasn't always like that. I used to use rice milk or blenders, smoothies, etc.

But now I'm not only used to it, I really like it with just water. I think lots of the Vega products taste great with water.

But if water isn't your thing.....try the blenders, the fruits, the chocolate or peanut butter flavors, flavored rice or almond milks, etc.

That should do the trick

Also try Vega Shake & Go Smoothie. That is great tasting. And Vega Sport Performance Optimizer (pre-workout energy drink).

Great stuff!

• 7 months later...

I use the Berry flavored Vega Health Optimizer in a morning green smoothie as follows:

2 scoops Vega

2 bananas

1 orange

3 medjool dates

1 tbsp ground flax seeds

1 cup organic kale

3 cups organic baby spinach

Some ice to make it cold, if I forgot to put the bananas in the freezer

Tastes pretty good. Sometimes I also add almond butter

• 2 months later...

found this searching for info on the new vega product i got.. the protein powder.

vega meal powder = good with almond hemp or soy milk, bad with water (chocolate).

vega pre-workout drink = good with water (berry)

vega post-workout drink = good with water (apple strawberry)

vega protein = revolutionary with almond milk (chocolate). tastes like ground up marshmallows with a thick consistency. fluffy and scrumptious.

vega antioxidant oil = tastes like candy if you shake it up patiently, slow movements. tastes almost like water sometimes, depends how well you mix it.

in the morning the first thing i do is mix vega meal with vega oil and vanilla almond milk. i will eat that and a breakfast burrito or something, which i know isn't very nutrient dense but it doesn't feel right to go without adding something else. that keeps me full for a few hours. it's also plenty to get me through a workout if i head out the door with the pre-workout drink in my stomach. and i'm talking like, deadlifting or something.

i honestly believe that people who say vega protein tastes bad probably are lying to insult vegans. it's one of those things that is better than taking a plane to a fancy restaurant in europe and asking for the most expensive dessert. or maybe it's just bad mixed with water. i will never find out!

i honestly believe that people who say vega protein tastes bad probably are lying to insult vegans. it's one of those things that is better than taking a plane to a fancy restaurant in europe and asking for the most expensive dessert.
Vega tastes bad and costs about the same as a trip to Europe.