If you are vegetarian or vegan, you are SICK!

UGH!!!! I hate this attitude! I want to SCREAM! Due to some antibiotics I have been taking for some serious infections I came down with a Candida overgrowth issue. So, in reading some websites on Candida and associations to diet...I run across the various doctors and nutritionists who say eating vegetarian/vegan is a BAD HABBIT! The Human body is designed by nature to eat meat. Excuse me? What? Not the last time I checked!

I have been through a rough perios woth health lately due to a some serious infections (unrelated to diet) but I can't wait till I am 100% healthy again so I can really get back to the gym and pack the muscle back on and where a Vegan Bodybuilding T Shirt with pride!

Rich

I was overweight most of my life until my early 30's. My family used to tell me it is genetics and that I will be heavy my entire life and will constantly have to fight it. Now that I am thin, my family thinks I am unhealthy for being vegan.

They don't want to stop eating meat, so the only way they can justify it is to criticize you. They are trying to satiate their own guilt.

• 4 weeks later...

funny, my sister is overweight too, also a retired dairy farmer, and says I look anorexic because I'm vegan.....I weigh 121 lbs....not anorexic at all. If we make other people insecure about our health and weight, they have to retaliate with put downs, since they don't have any legitmate data to support their causes!

I pity someone that is overweight, heart problems and/or diabetic taking pricey pill then try and criticize my healthy life style cause I don't eat any animal products. Don't have time for ignorant people that think vegans are unhealthy/sick but they don't even consider the unhealthy choices they make.

I don't doubt that candida overgrowth can happen but I think there's lot of misinformation out there about it. Here's an article from quackwatch that might be of interest - http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/candida.html

From wikipedia -

"With the exception of the few dietary studies in the urinary tract infection section conventional medicine has not used most of these alternatives, since there is limited scientific evidence to prove their effectiveness, or that subclinical "systemic candidiasis" is a viable diagnosis."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candidiasis

I'm not sick .... but I am phat and totally Rightious!!!

It's usually an act, but it bugs me. I use it to motivate me, and you can often learn something, like:

Not sure about "serious " infections, but before using drugs, give garlic a fair shot. I heard it's the best antibiotic - it's just not promoted by dr's because there's no money in it.