Deadlifts and squats with dumbells?

Hi,

Is it possible to do deadlifts and squats with dumbells? The gym I go to has few barbells and people are often using it, so I was wondering if I could use dumbells, as there are so many lying around.

Also, any videos of people doing these exercises with dumbells?

Thanks!

It is possible . Squats you can do a variation of squats which is static lunges which you can look up for using youtube .

It is possible to do deadlift using dumbbells but it will not maximise the benefits... You could ask the fellow gymmers is it possible to share it .

I still don't think dumbbell deadlifts are a good idea .

I've never liked deadlifts with dumbbells, always felt odd going that low, but single leg Romanian deadlifts I do like. A different movement, really hits the back of your legs and you don't need a lot of weight and you need to keep your balance. Very humbling exercise.

I still don't think dumbbell deadlifts are a good idea .

I've never liked deadlifts with dumbbells, always felt odd going that low, but single leg Romanian deadlifts I do like. A different movement, really hits the back of your legs and you don't need a lot of weight and you need to keep your balance. Very humbling exercise.

It just feels kinda weird. Besides the group of muscles working are weird... Just weird . Haha .

Definitely a great exercise. Nothing has ever hit my glutes and hamstrings the same way as single-leg RDLs with a DB held in the hand on the opposite side of the leg worked. A great assistance movement that really works everything in a different way than the usual.