VBB have any musical talent?

VelvetVoices

I am teaching myself the keyboard. I have been reading through a piano book and doing quite well until they stopped printing the letters of notes on the notes. I guess I wasn't reading the music, just the letters. It takes a lot of thought for each not. I still don't understand why the left hand notes are in a different position than the right hand notes.

I am a musician, although not currently in a band. Mostly stringed instruments & drums. Pedal Steel guitar, electric guitar, bass, drums. Have done a bit of studio work, and played over the road. The last gig I played was in a church band.

Kind of in a "resting phase" right now. Enjoy collecting equipment, never know what I might find on craigslist!

I used to play guitar but I haven't played since I have lived in the USA (18 years). I wasn't that good, but I could accompany myself to folk songs etc. I played recorder in school too (don't want to say how long ago THAT was!)

I played piano for several years.. had no problem with reading music but my fingers never seemed flexible enough

And I learned guitar for a year, but stopped after that. I still have my guitar though, so I might start playing again. Don't really want a teacher though, so I'll just try to learn some songs..