ANGERRRRR (or: Working Out and Mental Health in general)

Jennie

I hope I'm posting this in the right section, I wasn't really sure where it would fit in.

Anywayyy, part of my motivation for working out is to improve my mental health as well as my physical health. I usually get a lot less bummed out when I'm staying physically active, and I have been less bummed lately, which is good. However, since I started to get really into working out this summer, I've been a lot easier to anger. I get really fucking pissed faster than I usually do, and before anyone asks, I am NOT taking steroids, haha. Has this happened to anyone else before? What's the deal? I'm really not usually that angry of a person, so I don't know what's going on with me.

Thanks!

Judging by your avatar and what you said, your obviously not doing enough weights to still have this "extra energy" to be able to get anger at others..... Only kidding I like your avatar but seriously could it be stress? or rushed with adding this weight lifting/cardo to your daily routine?

(Had more to say but I'm super tired and need to sleep now.)

Personally, I'm almost always pissed off.......but seriously I find while I'm working out sometimes I think about things going on in my life and I do get angry. I find hitting the punching bag helps a lot. Usually after my workout the anger has subsided a great deal.

Thanks for all the input!

I don't think I'm actually angry about anything, I feel like maybe I just have all this extra energy now and that's how my body is channeling it? I really have no idea though, it's confusing!

Thanks for all the input!

I don't think I'm actually angry about anything, I feel like maybe I just have all this extra energy now and that's how my body is channeling it? I really have no idea though, it's confusing!

So, you aren't really angry all the time, but more on edge and anything can trigger you at any second?

My sisters always blame that on PMS.

As we become healthier mental-wise, sometimes hidden things come up. So maybe that has happened, and there's something that makes you feel angry?
She's right, it can be this. Also, you might want to try other sports or just changing a bit your training, because some competition-oriented sports may cause stress to some people, or some training programs may be intense; there are better types of physical activities for each type of body and mind. For instance: someone might feel much better doing circuit training or endurance rather than low-reps or powerlifting, and some people might feel easily irritable and stressed after a session of hot yoga compared to yoga performed outside in fresh air. Samething with food, work, etc, every choice in lifestyle has different effect.

Haha no lie, it occurred to me just after starting this thread that I haven't done that in two months, so that certainly could be it!

And yeah I do drink coffee, not a whole lot, but probably I usually have a cup a day or so.