Hay, from the UK

Fbjoey

Hay, I'm a very new Vegan (just in the last few days) but I have been veggie before. I am a student about to go onto a three year degree course and I'm interested in body-building and over the last few months I have began to take it seriously and get exercise and diet all in the right place (with noticeable results my girlfriends says ). BUT just as I get my diet sorted out (plenty a chicken, tuna, mince and dairy products) I watch a documentary on TV about Veganism and after a few weeks of thinking about it I have made the change and have to redo all my diet plans

I'm pretty sure I can do it but there's something I'm worried about and that's money. I will have around £30 to spend (around $46 US dollars) So any money saving vegan muscle building tips would be lovely

I wont to stop cruelty to animals and I wont to build muscle and I need someone to talk to about it. That persons you.

Cheers

Joe

Welcome!

There are definitely ways to eat vegan on a budget.

Legumes are your new best friend. Buy dried beans, chickpeas, lentils, etc. Cook up a big batch and freeze them. They are really cheap.

Buy veggies/fruit that is in season. It is typically cheaper.

Look for sales and check flyers...when there is a good sale on something you use a lot, stock up.

Welcome!

There are definitely ways to eat vegan on a budget.

Legumes are your new best friend. Buy dried beans, chickpeas, lentils, etc. Cook up a big batch and freeze them. They are really cheap.

Buy veggies/fruit that is in season. It is typically cheaper.

Look for sales and check flyers...when there is a good sale on something you use a lot, stock up.

I will do Iv ordered a bit of soy protein to replace my whey for post work out and breakfast. I'll check out your blog

Welcome to the forum! I personally feel it is easier/cheaper on the budget to eat vegan. I have been vegan for over 10 yrs., raw for almost 2. I've had to "to redo all my diet plans " a time or two before as well.

Good luck in your vegan quest!

Welcome to the board Joe.

Just picked up some mixed dried beans and realised while waiting for the bus I won't be able to have a McDonald's Mars milkshake

Homemade smoothies taste great, cheaper and healthier for you; you can also dump a scoop of protein powder in your smoothie for your post workout or if your on the run. ie. http://vegweb.com/index.php?board=189.0

Hey man welcome. Rice and beans/peas are cheap cheap cheap (tesco value kidney beans, 19p/tin. chickpeas are great as well). Pumpkin seeds (great amino profile) are relatively cheap at tesco and it's the same with flaxseed (called brown linseed at tesco) for your omega 3s (but you'll have to grind them down or they'll pass right through ye. holland and barrett and other places will shaft you for the already ground up stuff). Some leafy greens in there like spinach (you can buy this frozen to save money and have it in a smoothie). Mix some fresh ones in every other day like curly kale.

For powder check prices on myprotein.co.uk. The pea protein is actually cheaper than soy on there, and if you mix it 70% with 30% brown rice protein you'll get a nice amino profile!

You know the cheap veg, mushrooms, carrots, peppers, tomatoes. And cheap fruit bananas, apples, oranges etc.