Monsanto

Cold Fission

I HATE MONSANTO!!! I'm from Serbia and we don't allow GM foods by law. But there is a lot of pressure to change that now. It disgusting how they make payed promotion of GM foods in some media here. Few weeks ago I watched a TV news report about GM foods and the reporter interviewed a "scientist" from some university in US who said that GM foods are the "future of agriculture" and that if Serbia wants to be prosperous country it should grow GM crops!!! They are almost offering seeds for free! The same scenario as in India...

Monsanto is pure evil. Fuck them!!!!!!!!

Wtf, you may not replant them? How twisted is that? Horrible. Not that someone's gonna catch the Indian farmers who replant them but the very idea is abominable. What twisted laws allowed that? Monsanto should be wiped off the face of the Earth.

yes, and sometimes they put "terminator" gene in plant, so that you can not replant, even if you dare, because the plant is not fertile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_use_restriction_technology

I HATE MONSANTO!!! I'm from Serbia and we don't allow GM foods by law.

Hah, I'm from Bulgaria. Nice to meet you:) We had some riots against GMO here too. In the end, our minister promised no GMO and the next day gave his vote to allow GMO in the EU council. The vote was 10:11 or something like that in favour of the GMO with our corrupt 'head' turning the tables (and 10 or so more like him). So no GMO in Bulgaria for now but with the GMO being allowed in the EU, that will anyway bring them here. Unless we protest more!

I HATE MONSANTO!!! I'm from Serbia and we don't allow GM foods by law.

Hah, I'm from Bulgaria. Nice to meet you:) We had some riots against GMO here too. In the end, our minister promised no GMO and the next day gave his vote to allow GMO in the EU council. The vote was 10:11 or something like that in favour of the GMO with our corrupt 'head' turning the tables (and 10 or so more like him). So no GMO in Bulgaria for now but with the GMO being allowed in the EU, that will anyway bring them here. Unless we protest more!

THATS HORROR! I POSTED SOME TIME AGO ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE THAT PEOPLE IN BULGARIA REFUSED GMO AS AN EXAMPLE HOW WE SHOULD REACT. AND NOW I HEAR THAT WHAT YOU'VE SAID...

We haven't had any riots here and I guess it won't be any. People here are totally unaware of the problem. They have so many problems due to economy, they are worried if they are going to have to eat at all. And Monsanto will use that, of course.

Anyway, glad to hear from you, neighbor! All best!

We had some riots against GMO here too. In the end, our minister promised no GMO and the next day gave his vote to allow GMO in the EU council. The vote was 10:11 or something like that in favour of the GMO with our corrupt 'head' turning the tables (and 10 or so more like him). So no GMO in Bulgaria for now but with the GMO being allowed in the EU, that will anyway bring them here. Unless we protest more!

By EU you mean Europe ? GMO will be permitted in the countries of europe ?

Yeah. Some of them are kind of permitted - check up the Amflora case, 2 March 2010. I couldn't find how each country voted though. Some monsanto product (maize) was allowed together with Amflora. After 13 July 2010 it is up to each EUcountry to decide about GMOs. Check this link:

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=IP/10/921&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en

I was wrong in my previous post though. We Bulgarians indeed adopted some anti-GMO legislation and our minister of agriculture did indeed lobby for some GMOs turning the tables of a 11/11 vote but that was in 2009. Still, the ban in Bulgaria is not complete, it is kind of obscure, banning the growing of GMOs within 30 kms of a specified protected area. Supposedly this would effectively ban the growing of GMOs in Bulgaria but it is too obscure. Anyway, it is still something

I would consider this a good feature, all things considered, because it would prevent those crops from spreading in the wild.

I don't think corn etc can grow in the wild.

It's just made that way so people can't save seed from plants and they have to keep buying it.Not good.

I despise Monsanto. They are out to take all the seeds. Genetically modify them so you can only ever use their seed. Some foods that they have already modified you can't save the seed and replant because the seeds are steril. They are responsible for most of the pesticides on our foods. They have their hands so deep in government its horrific. They make deals with other countries with their seeds which leave the farmers sick or poor. Farmers can't grow the seeds that they used to because of these deals that their governments have made. Many of these seeds that the farmers used to grow are seeds that have been around for millenia. Mostly different types of wheat seeds.

Half the United States government has worked for them or goes to work for them. They are in bed with Bayer, Round Up and Dupont. I'm sure there are more but I can't remember at the mo'.

Buy organic foods and plant organic seeds, PLEASE. Don't buy foods that are genetically modified if you can help it.

There are so many documentaries on Monsanto. Go out and rent them. Be educated against this horrible company.

I would consider this a good feature, all things considered, because it would prevent those crops from spreading in the wild.

I don't think corn etc can grow in the wild.

It's just made that way so people can't save seed from plants and they have to keep buying it.Not good.

You'd be surprised. Read the book "the world according to Monsato" or watch the documentary. But you can see this also in other docs, like "Food, Inc" or "the future of food". The wind carries GM crops to fields owned by farmers who don't want anything to do with gmo. Well, their field got contaminated, and then Monsanto's gene police found out (they have their detectives: ex-cops, etc). Monsanto is always taking into court hundreds of farmers accused of using gm crops illegally, while it is Monsanto who's guilty of contaminating everything with their poisons.

Bees too can spread the genes. And bee population is decreasing due to gmo's.

Soy, corn, & canola any other foods that are known to be GM?
Fruits, veggies. I think there's no GM wheat yet, farmers that grow wheat formed a coalition saying they would not buy any gm wheat. If Monsanto takes control of wheat they really gonna take control of the planet.

trailer of The world according to Monsanto, which you can see the whole movie on youtube.