I need vegan friends that love to work out and are active.

I guess I'm just not in a place where I can motivate my self. I can't seem to stick to a gym or exercise routine. I always find excuses to not give it 100% and it bothers me. I met this guy at the gym who seem to be interested in being a work out partner but completely dogged my vegan diet. He's a nice guy but he's not trying to work out with me because he claims I have to have some sort of meat in my diet and bla bla bla. ANYWAYS! all the groups on meetup.com are about drinking and hiking or some lax activity once a month. I would like to make some vegan friends who are really into working out and who will push me, influence and inspired me to be the same way.

Anyone live in the Valley? LA? Need a new friend?

I guess I'm just not in a place where I can motivate my self. I can't seem to stick to a gym or exercise routine. I always find excuses to not give it 100% and it bothers me. I met this guy at the gym who seem to be interested in being a work out partner but completely dogged my vegan diet. He's a nice guy but he's not trying to work out with me because he claims I have to have some sort of meat in my diet and bla bla bla. ANYWAYS! all the groups on meetup.com are about drinking and hiking or some lax activity once a month. I would like to make some vegan friends who are really into working out and who will push me, influence and inspired me to be the same way.

Anyone live in the Valley? LA? Need a new friend?

I think Mac Danzig has a gym in LA right? maybe I should join his gym..?

Maybe post some flyers at the local vegan restaurants?

You are a lot better off then I am. Hardly any vegans near me at all.

that was my next thought. I should do that. thanks! have you tried that?

The closest vegan restaurant to me is over 180 miles away:(

I remember seen some sort of vegan group link on here.. some where..they had "chapters" in different cities but not in LA.. does anyone have that link to the page or name of the group?

You're probably thinking of Ted Trendy's Team Green....I would pm him for the link (or I guess you could Google)

I suppose you could try posting on craigslist, but that may also attract some weirdos, lol...

Yeah, I advertised on craigslist for a "swing partner". After the first day, I realized I had to change it to "swing dance partner".

I remember seen some sort of vegan group link on here.. some where..they had "chapters" in different cities but not in LA.. does anyone have that link to the page or name of the group?

You're probably thinking of Ted Trendy's Team Green....I would pm him for the link (or I guess you could Google)

oooh i think thats it!

i know that dude.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/UjFKMIqaYQQ/0.jpg

I'm from Los Angeles. Would love to be your work out partner but I dont really lift weights.

I just do basic Yoga and Swim at a Lap Pool. I work at a gym as a swim instructor + junior lifeguard instructor in the east valley and I lifeguard once a week at a gym in hollywood area.

i know that dude.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/UjFKMIqaYQQ/0.jpg

YES!! greatest movie reference EVER!