Hi from Central Illinois!

Dirk

Greetings! I'm new to this site!

Ovo-lacto for 19 years, and have been on the journey to a vegan diet for awhile now. I'd call myself an ovo (have completely given up eggs) but about 90% of my meals are vegan now.

I've been active my whole life, but really slipped in grad school and upon landing my first (and current) job 11 years ago. Finally I got sick of feeling tired all the time and joined a gym. It's been a bit of a roller coaster ride since, but have just in the past three months gotten back into training pretty seriously. I'd like to lose some fat around my waist (wouldn't we all!) and put on some muscle, though my weight is about right for my height and build (around 169ish).

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome! Nice avatar!

Isn't grad school the worst for derailing things like fitness and health? Sigh. Just finishing up grad school myself - yay!

LOL, thanks; she's a sweetheart (my daughter).

Grad school for? I think I put in a total of 9 years in just grad school. Crazy, but fun.

Welcome! Nice avatar!

Isn't grad school the worst for derailing things like fitness and health? Sigh. Just finishing up grad school myself - yay!

LOL, thanks; she's a sweetheart (my daughter).

Grad school for? I think I put in a total of 9 years in just grad school. Crazy, but fun.

She's adorable!

Just finishing up my Ph.D. in social psychology. How about you, what field are you in?

Right now I am ABD, hoping for a defense in October. Eep!