MD lady new to "working out"

zoe

Hey everyone!

Fitness newb here! I'm a 22 yr old female from around Bmore, MD. I've been vegan for about 3 years, and was pescetarian for 4 years before that. I've always been in pretty good shape (5 ft 3 in tall, 110-115 lbs.) but have recently been getting into actually trying to reach some fitness goals. I played soccer for years and was a river raft guide the past couple of summers so that kept me busy but nowadays I ride my bike whenever I can, and try to run for 20-30min at least three days a week. I am in a band that was just on tour for a month, and while playing a show for thirty minutes a night is quite a workout, I'm ready to get a more routine workout at home.

As of now I'm just trying to find my way to harder abs, and more toned everything else. I could probably clean up my diet a bit. I've recently been relying too much on veggie burgers for lunch everyday. I definitely want to more rigidly following the "eat 5-6 smaller meals a day" sort of thing. I was also thinking I need to start lifting/strength training, but don't know what's best as far as complementing a vegan diet and woman's physique.

Comments/suggestions are welcome!

-Zoe

Welcome!! I'm also in Baltimore What band are you in?

As far as weight training I don't train a special way because I am a girl, I just train like "one of the guys"

here's a link to some programs you could try:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=WorkoutPrograms

A lot of people like the 5X5 which I think I'll start doing after my competition is over.

Try to start keeping a journal on here of what you're eating everyday- I know it was really helpful for me when I started- really opened my eyes to what I was actually eating. It also helps others to give you better advice.