What kind of job do you have? When do you workout ?

mysticxian

And how do you workout around your schedule?

I used to work 3rd shift for years as a baker and just worked out in the morning. Currently I am not working and my schedule is open but I

will be looking for work again soon.

Just wondering how some of you who have families fit everything in.

I actually work at a gym for now, and I even have a hard time fitting in time to workout. I have to be there when we open at 5 am, and get off at noon. I don't feel like hanging around, so I go home for a few hours to unwind, possibly take a nap, eat, and maybe do some errands. Then I workout anywhere from 430-730pm usually. This can be hard, because I have to be back at work at 445am the next morning. On Saturdays I try to run, and workout at the gym in mid morning, and Sunday is early afternnon. Right now for too many reason/ excuses I'm not working out enough.

I work Mon-Fri 8-5. I am way to exhausted at night to train. I get up at 4am for coffee and a protein shake. I leave for the gym at 4:45am and finish at about 6:30-6:45. By 7am I feel that I have accomplished alot and can face the work day better.

I used to work at a university and would just take a late "lunch" to hit up the gym around 1pm.

I'm starting a new work-at-home job next week, I'm curious to see how I'll fit it in as well. My lifting buddy still works there so I'm going to buy a membership and continue to use their gym. Considering driving there and back will take up quite a bit more time than walking between the buildings did, I might shoot for a 7am workout. The gym is too busy after 5pm and that would cut into family time as well.

I work anywhere from 9:00am-6:30pm to 8:00am-8:30 pm depending on where I am on my project (I'm an animator and we have terrible hours). On top of that, I do circus classes two nights a week (trampoline and trapeze), so any other exercise I do after work tends to be at home with my own limited equipment. My company has a gym though so I've been eating at my desk and trying to hit the gym at least three afternoons a week.

I'm in law enforcement, so right now my hours are 8am-4 or 5pm. I usually wake up at 4:45, drink some water move around, do a warm-up and am ready to work out by 5:15am. Depending on what I'm going to do I'm usually done by 6:15. Take a shower, eat some food and out the door by 7 to fight the 270/495 traffic (you have to love the beltway).

I work as a massage therapist in a spa, not really doing massages at home these days. Schedule is different everyday, so sometimes I work out in the morning, sometimes evening. Don't really have the time to go to the gym these days and it is pretty far away so I just do mini-sessions at home. This morning though we had to unload a truck full of heavy stuff, this was my workout.

I'm a programmer. I feel better not taxing myself physically, at all, before work.

I try to use gyms that are on my commuting route home. I found that if I go home first, I tend to stay home.

I will go directly to the gym after work 2 nights a week and in the morning/afternoon on the weekends. I like this, as I don't like feeling that I am on a schedule at the gym

The weeknights I go to the gym are pretty much shot to hell. I eat dinner when I come home, do some miscellaneous things and go to bed. Sometimes I am so stimulated by the workout I stay up later than is good, but most of the time the workout helps me drop down into a deep sleep, fast. Which I very much like.

I'm a full time student, so I guess I have it pretty easy at the moment. I have clinical placement each semester and work from 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, so during those times I usually eat something on the way home, then go straight to the gym. Either that or I'll go and rest for a while, then go into the gym around 7:30 pm when it's starting to get a bit quieter. Other times, when I just have classes, I usually go in the mornings, around 10:30 am - 12:00 pm.

I work at Hillside Animal Sanctuary, which can be quite physical, lifting bales of hay / straw, lifting buckets of feed / water and carrying them over distance, getting in and out of tractors, being on my feet pretty much all day. I get up at 6:00am in order to get to work for 7:30am, finish at 4:00pm, get home for about 5:00pm. I normally go to the gym about 8:00pm. Some days I have to do the early shift at the sanctuary, so I get up at 4:30am to start at 6:00am. On my days off I sometimes go to the gym twice

I guess I'm the lasiest around here

I'm a visual artist (work hard only before exhibitions) and I work also as a freelance journalist (writing about healthy food and art). Not much money, but too much free time.

I don't sleep long, though. I wake up at 6.AM, eat and go to gym from 9 AM to 10.30 AM, then eat, sleep a little and then work (also a little). Writing a cookbook also, at the moment.

My luckiest moments are when I sell my artworks and then enjoy spending money for a month or two That means more organic food and traveling.

I also plan to obtain a certificate for yoga teacher this fall and try myself in that field. It is a nice idea to workout and earn money at the same time

i work a varied schedule, usually 9-5...but sometimes its pretty labor intensive.

i do 1 workout before work and 1 after...i average around 60 hours of exercise a month.

wow, you must love it ! Working out that much, you should make it your work

i have some big goals, also i need to lead by example.

I'm a court stenographer (you know, the lady that sits in court typing everything that's going on on the little machine?) and I also take care of my mother who is very ill with a heart condition and emphysema. My work hours are actually very flexible, but my workouts are always in the morning, usually hitting the gym by 6:30 - 7:00 a.m. I try and get back home by 9:00 a.m. at the latest. And depending on what my work schedule is like, (sometimes I work from home on transcripts only) then I plan my day accordingly. Most days between work I have to tend to things for my mom. I could never workout at night, though. I would definitely be too tired. I have to get to bed by 10:30 p.m. every night, too...or I should say I fall asleep, no matter what, by that time.

I'm Your Man,

Yeah, that's me, but I'm not quite as toned as that at the moment...but I'm getting back there. I had to take a bit of a break from working out due to some family matters taking a lot of my time. I used to weigh 225 pounds, and it was a tough struggle to lose the weight, but that was back in 1998, which seems like ages ago. I'm no stranger to hard work in the gym. I've only been vegan since May of this year, though. Once I made the switch, I actually dropped weight in the beginning without really trying very hard. My diet's always been pretty clean, though.

And, yes, that job (court stenographer) still exists...it's actually a very technologically-advanced job these days. I write to a machine that then translates to my laptop that's sitting in front of me, allowing me to edit what's being said while we are on a break, which then allows me to get more work done, ultimately, in a shorter amount of time. It's producing the transcripts that takes a lot of time.

I also have attorneys that hook into my computer via a cable that's connected to their computer. They receive a realtime feed of what's happening so that they can plan their next plan of action as far as questioning a witness goes. Also, do you ever watch TV with the captions on? Well, that's also a court stenographer hard at work. That's basically like the "Ph.D." of court stenography. You have to be at your very best in order to do that because the error rate is so low. I'd like to get into that in the future. It's a costly investment to get started, and you have to go through some short-term rigorous training, like a boot camp-style preparation with someone guiding you through it at a caption company. It's a future goal for sure because the money is plentiful there.....

wow that's interesting. I guess that you must practice a lot to learn how to write super fast and also to train your brain how to transform automatically what you hear - vocal/auditory - into written, or is it more than this ?

And its so impressive people able to lose like an hundred pounds. So much determination and huge change in lifestyle. I consider myself lucky to not gain too much weight cuz otherwise I don't think I would be able to lose it all.

Im Your Man,

Yes, you have to be at a speed of 225 words per minute in order to graduate and pass the state exam, typically it is not a "degree" program. That requires you to practice at least two hours a day at speeds of up to 240 words per minute in order to gain the 225 speed. You are simply state certified once you pass the state test with no degree, but there are a gazillion other certifications you can get, the national one being the most prestigious. That allows you to work in any state. And yeah, it took a lot to loose all that weight. I was just fed up one day and did it I guess....lol. I realized that no one could do it for me, and I was tired of making all the excuses not to. I kept a picture in my head of what I "wanted" to look like, and every day envisioned that as I worked out. Eventually, I made it there but I'm always striving to push myself even further.

Lobsteriffic,

I honestly have only one picture of me at that weight. I could not stand photos being taken, so I avoided them at all costs. I carry the one photo with me in my wallet to remind me of that time. It seems like so long ago, like I was never even that person. I was about 24 when I started on that weight loss journey, and now I am 36. It took me about 2 years to get to my goal weight. I did it by working out and just eating a clean diet. It wasn't until May of this year that I became vegan. Once I made the transition, I actually lost weight without trying very hard. I am not really trying to lose weight, just strengthen and tone my muscles. I love to run, strength train at the gym, and do kundalini yoga these days.