Avoiding a food baby?

My main goal is to build muscle mass. However, I also want to build endurance and speed, as I play soccer.

My problem is that when I gain weight it ALL goes to my stomach. I'm growing a food baby! So, I'd really like to avoid this. How do I shrink my food baby and prevent it afterwards? Do I just need to increase my cardio?

I really want to continue building muscle but I don't want to get a huge belly. I don't drink at all but it's starting to look like a beer belly!

Prolonged stress creates a high cortisol level which produces fat deposits around the midsection. Do whatever works for you to feel relaxed and confident about things and you'll be surprised how much your overall system improves from top to bottom, inside and out. http://www.advance-health.com/cortisol.html

I encountered this in a dramatic way one fall when I went on vacation. I was running the landscaping company I had founded completely by myself, including labor, sales, and accounting, and I was fried. I took 10 days off and toured the Rockies, eating complete crap the whole time. I wasn't vegan or even vegetarian back then. I remember one "dinner" consisted of a giant chocolate bar, something salty and fried, and a bomber of local blueberry ale. I ate like that the entire trip, saying, "Fuck it, I'm on vacation, I'm not gonna worry about ANYTHING." And I didn't.

I lost eight pounds in 10 days, all of it around my waist. My pants were slipping off on the drive back home. I never forgot that lesson. Now, if things aren't budging when I adjust my physical world, I take a look at my mental one and see what I can do to relax it more.

Baby Herc

I definitely have high stress. I don't deal with it well. That's why I've started doing yoga and trying to deal with stress better.

You're smart as hell, xbillyx, everybody knows it. If you can brainwash yourself into stressing the crap out of yourself over certain things, you can brainwash yourself in the other direction, too. Just a matter of which direction you're lookin'. Change your focus, change your results. Look at where you're going instead of where you've been.

Baby Herc