Newbie Says Hi

Slim

I have been on a strict vegetarian diet for almost 6 years except for two short periods during which I ate a vegetarian diet. I've been strength training with free weights on and off for 4 years.

I want to find a balance between strength training and conditioning, however cardio is boring. I need to lose bodyfat. I am 6' 191.5lbs.

Welcome!

If you find cardio boring I would say find something you like to do. What have you tried? I agree, treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals are very boring for me. But I like to run outside in the summer and go for bike rides. I find spin classes and other group exercise classes to be less boring as well as there is more human interaction.

Welcome!

If you find cardio boring I would say find something you like to do. What have you tried? I agree, treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals are very boring for me. But I like to run outside in the summer and go for bike rides. I find spin classes and other group exercise classes to be less boring as well as there is more human interaction.

lobsteriffic, the only cardio I enjoy is heavy bag work. My current apartment is a shoebox and to small for a heavy bag. Its barely big enough for an adult male. The reason why I want to start doing cardio is chronic diseases run in my family.

What have I tried? Hill sprints, heavy bag work, kettlebell swings for rounds, lowerbody bodyweight exercise curcuits.

It is difficult doing cardio after a lifting session and the day after lowerbody sessions.

I'm a student, however my school does not have a gym. I will look into getting a YMCA membership after summer finals.

Welcome! Yes, cardio is boring. Try some GPP (General Physical Preparedness) methods that powerlifters/strongmen use. I couldn't find any kind of cardio that I could stick to due to boredom, but some of the methods they use are great. This includes stuff like sledgehammer work, sled dragging, Prowler pushing, treadmill pushing, etc. Some use hill sprints and kettlebell conditioning, which you've said you don't enjoy. Keep trying new stuff! Look up GPP for other ideas.