NAVIC - New American Vegan In China

gsop_3

New Vegan here. I have been vegan for a total of 6 days! Previously, I had been vegetarian for 2 1/2 years then went back to eating meat for 3 years. Then, recently stopped again and decided that vegan is the way to go. My health and conscience has suffered from eating animals - due to laziness...enough is enough!

My wife and I teach English in China and are seeking to transform our bodies. We were in great shape when we got married - I was heavily involved in sports and my wife was a dance major in Uni.

**Looking for mutual support, encouragement, knowledge and delicious recipes!

Currently, my main protein source is a LOT of beans, nuts and tofu and pea protein drinks - (not so delicious).

in response to the questions about China...We've been here for 3 years and loving it! The food is great, though at times a little salty. It is relatively easy to be vegan here but more difficult to be a Raw Foodist due to sanitation issues and overuse of pesticides. Currently, we are attempting to seek out a local grower that is willing to provide organic produce. We are in Qingdao which is the city that hosted the sailing events for the 2008 Olympics. Thanks for the interest! we appreciate the warm welcome! questions are always welcome!

I'd love to learn more about China!

It just seems so interesting...it's a place that I imagine many of us in the US have never been to. My father has been there a few times and some of my friends but not many I know.

So feel free to share anything!

I'm all ears