4 weeks til Figure Comp...advice

Hello all, I'm a raw food educator/chef and am going at my 1st Figure Comp on Sept 19th here in Brisbane Australia with the INBA. I've been training for 18 weeks, on a high raw foods/vegetarian diet. I'd like someone to chime in on whether or not I should cut out or possibly cycle my 3-4x weekly rice consumption (having it in sushi rolls, cucumber/avo/seaweed rolls & with Thai vege/tofu dish.) I teach 8 high intensity Zumba Fitness classes over 4 days per week (460 calories burned each class) as well as, hit the weight training on 4 days per week 2 body parts daily. I also do yoga 2-3x week.

Here's my typical daily intake:

3 egg whites, spinach, veggie omlette

1 skim latte

weight train: BCAA powder mixed with water

Pre/during & Post weight train/recovery drink: 2 scoops unflavored Sun Warrior protein powder, 2 tablespoons Cacao Powder, stevia, 3 tbs Chia Seeds

Post weight train lunch: 2 seaweed/cucumber/avo rolls

Sprout Salad: alfalfa sprouts, mung bean sprouts, flax seed crackers & falafels

Pre-during & post Zumba teaching I drink:

1.5 liter green smoothie (kale or spinach with 8 oranges blended) or 1 liter of Spirulina with Stevia (drank over the course of 3 hours of teaching 2 back to back classes)

Post late pm class "dinner": tomato soup with flax crackers or tofu/vege thai w/rice

Critique? Thus far I have evenly exchanged LBM for weight loss & not sacrificed an ounce of any muscle along the way, which is impressive even to my trainer who is now asking me how to shift her diet. I began training in late May dropped an average of 3-4% bodyfat monthly. Starting weight 142#'s and 24%-26% bodyfat. I am now at 130#'s and 11% bodyfat

I'm only now beginning to get nervous because with 4 weeks to go I don't feel my legs are coming up in definition as well as my upper body. I'll post these pics & hopefully you can guide me better. Thanks!

580118794_22.backdoublebicep-after.thumb.jpg.2ee578fe1c17bcef806a4188a3bc1236.jpg

My legs are my concern here versus my upper body. The worn off poor spray tan doesn't help but to emphasize things either. Pretty embarrassing.

Your upper body is coming in nicely.

Like Jimi and you both mentioned, tightening up the legs and glutes will really help out. Jimi and I competed together last year and we focused a lot on our legs and conditioning by doing exercises that impact both at the same time. He was doing more lunges and I was doing more stair-stepper, etc. But the idea was combining aerobic conditioning with lower body training.

I think you're fine to keep the rice and tofu in for now, just watch sodium intake and total carb intake with the rice. Of course I suggest cutting out the eggs and dairy immediately and replace those with plant-based whole foods.

I think greens will be great pre-contest as well as other solid protein sources that are low in carbohydrates and as unprocessed as possible. Sun Warrior is great...I used a ton of Sun Warrior drinks leading up to last year's contests.

All the best to you in your show!

I've competed in the INBA a number of times over the years.

Have a wonderful first experience!

There are others on the forum who have competed in figure recently. We even have an IFBB Pro Figure competitor who just joined (Raechelle Chase).

Hang around and you'll be able to connect with many others who are involved in the same sport.

All the best!

Robert

I say lunges because after seeing RC's glute striations last year and not mine.. I started doing walking lunges and just after about 2-3 weeks of doing them my ass got way smaller and tightened up tremendously.

Ask RC: as i was pic messaging him pics of my glutes...lol

ok now I have visions of you two checking out each others butts.....thanks a lot!

oh and OP walking lunges agreed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...