Lifting on little to no sleep?????

What do you all do if you have a poor night of sleep and have a big workout that day?

Typically I will do a lighter workout and get to bed extra early that night or skip the workout and combine workouts the following day but do less exercises. Perfect example is today. I got less than 6 hours last night and I know I need 8+ per night, especially with my immune system problems.

I do, but I am also a person that requires little sleep. I found this especially after transitioning into raw foods. I operate well on around 5 - 6 hrs. of sleep a night. Any more than that & I start getting restless & have to get up.

With immune system issues that you mentioned, you may want to do a lighter workout on the sleep deprived days.

I used to just workout no matter how much sleep I had or not, but it has reached a point where I need to be completely with it both physically and mentally or there's no way the workouts now will even be worth it. So if that problem arises I just take the day off and continue the next day. I don't add two workouts together or anything, just use that day as another recovery.

Damn some of you guys are awesome! I don't use caffeine or any stimulants in my supplements so maybe that's my downfall on a day of very little sleep. I just know that I'm not going to deadlift 450lbs with 4 hours of sleep and enjoy it Again it's all about how you feel. If you're up to it go ahead.. if you're not sure then it's ok to have a rest day. Dorian Yates wouldn't even step foot in the gym if he wasn't feeling 100% and I kinda follow that as well now. No point being in there If I'm not positive I will progress. It's a mental thing.

I tend to thin the same way and am very cautious with this, especially with my immunity and other issues I am going through with my health. I need a lot of sleep to keep my immune system strong so losing sleep and going heavy are not always good. However, I hated missing yesterday so I went anyway and hit new levels in dumbell chest pressing which was interesting. So, anyway...last night I got 8.5 hrs and feel much better.