Hello, small world of vegan bodybuilders!

Ruhtroh

Hi everyone!

I'm a 19 year old (male) college student in LA.

I have been eating vegan for a few weeks and weightlifting for about the same amount of time, too. I was a pescatarian ("vegetarian," eating fish, milk, and dairy) for a year and half before. Very happy I made the switch; I feel much better about myself.

I'm doing the Stronglifts 5x5 program and am loving it! I've put on 10 or more pounds of mass since I started the program. I am noticing a change in my appearance: I appear bulkier. I'm going all out: eating as much as I can and working out hard. Tired of the skinny-fat look!!

I just started college. Hopefully there is a good selection of vegan food. (I brought a ton of Clif bars and dried soybeans....) I have yet to see the gym, but I hope it has a power rack!! At home, I was lifting the bar from a bench press setup by sitting down and getting it on my back... fortunately, I was (and still am) lifting a very small amount of weight for squats. I still haven't perfected the technique. If I posted a video, would anyone take a look at my technique?

This seems like the nicest and most mature community I've ever seen on the internet! Great to be here! Many of you guys inspire me.

Edit: I hope to add some before/after photos in a few weeks.

Welcome aboard!

The Stronglifts 5x5 program is an excellent program to start to build a good bodybuilding base with. Keep us apprised of your progress. Power rack are a great tool, I use one all the time. Watch some youtube vids for some great squat examples & other lifts as well.

Cheers,

katz

Quick update:

College gym is great. Few people use the power racks. Power racks, by the way, are wonderful! I love knowing that if I'm going down, the weight isn't going on top of me.

Food isn't too bad. There are plenty of vegan options (all well marked), so I am very happy (physically, at least :P )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...