Meniscus Tear? ...knee making clicking sound

So I think I may have a meniscus tear to my right knee as it's making this clicking sound when I go up and down the stairs! So I am graciously looking for exercises to strengthen the supporting muscles to help stabilize my knee. Any suggestions that I can add to my routine?

Many Thanks!

I'd be reluctant to self-diagnose anything such as a meniscus tear without having it checked out professionally.

My knees are totally fine aside from the occasional mild ache after a hard day of squatting, but they both click and crackle quite loudly when I do leg exercises or climb stairs as well. No pain, just noise, and as my doc said, if it were something bad, I'd definitely know by now. Sometimes weird things just happen without it being indicative of something big being wrong. When in doubt, get it checked out!

I'd be reluctant to self-diagnose anything such as a meniscus tear without having it checked out professionally.

My knees are totally fine aside from the occasional mild ache after a hard day of squatting, but they both click and crackle quite loudly when I do leg exercises or climb stairs as well. No pain, just noise, and as my doc said, if it were something bad, I'd definitely know by now. Sometimes weird things just happen without it being indicative of something big being wrong. When in doubt, get it checked out!

I'm with Ryan. My knees click like crazy when I bend down. They've done so my entire life. It's not indicative of a problem.